• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam: True Odyssey Movies

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:02 am Reply with quote
Hmm, they're SDs, wasn't expecting that. Was hoping they'd use normal models, but I guess this could be fun too. Has anyone translated the first video?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TiredGamer

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:16 pm Reply with quote
But unlike typical SD Gundams, the mobile suits here are almost the same height as regular versions. There are even pilots for the machines (though they're children). An interesting choice for the art style as well... a hyper-bright palette that borders cel-shaded 3D and textured 3D. I even like the opening song.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:17 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't call them SD's per se. At least not in the conventional sense. But everything's relative, I guess.

For some reason, I had this Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles feeling during the OP.

It's official. Every trailer/backstory/origin needs at least one shot of a zombie mecha horde. ^__^ Undeadness is good, especially when slightly shotgunned.
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:20 pm Reply with quote
tiredgamer wrote:
But unlike typical SD Gundams, the mobile suits here are almost the same height as regular versions. There are even pilots for the machines (though they're children).

They've been doing that since the G Generation games, actually. They're awesome.
BlazeEagle

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:14 am Reply with quote
Looks VERY cool!! Very Happy Check out all the movies, one shows some gameplay. Based on the first movie, looks like there'll be land AND space battles, cool! Very Happy

I cross my fingers for a eventual U.S. release of this, espcially since it's set in a original universe. Heck, they gave us those cruddy Digimon RPG's afterall[I DID like Digimon, just not the games.]
LeSomeGuy

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:07 pm Reply with quote
They look more like the robots in Super Robot Wars than SD Gundam G Generation for some reason.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1