• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 Anime Unveils 1st Trailer, Visual, Cast, April 6 Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:01 pm Reply with quote
The college arc in the manga is as long as everything which preceded it, so presumably this is meant to be two cours. I have enjoyed seeing Chise interacting with a broader range of characters and there's plenty enough else going on, too, so returning viewers shouldn't be bored.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm expecting the cours won't be aired together considering the first season was barely able to handle the production at Wit
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
The college arc in the manga is as long as everything which preceded it, so presumably this is meant to be two cours. I have enjoyed seeing Chise interacting with a broader range of characters and there's plenty enough else going on, too, so returning viewers shouldn't be bored.

Looks like it's finally going to be wrapping up soon, but man, it's really been like almost 5 years, huh? I've enjoyed it for the same reasons as you, but I'm excited for what's in store next.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Thus begins the school arc! The and visuals and cast look great!
Ryujin99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Gem-Bug wrote:
Key wrote:

Looks like it's finally going to be wrapping up soon, but man, it's really been like almost 5 years, huh? I've enjoyed it for the same reasons as you, but I'm excited for what's in store next.

Agreed. It's honestly been one of the most interesting "characters go (back) to school" arcs I've ever seen.

Edit: for clarity, I'm treating arcs where characters go to school for the first time and those where they go back to school after some portion of their adventures up to XYZ point as more or less the same. I know there can be some notable differences between them, but for my purposes here, I'm treating them equivalently.

Editing further: I need to get my brain out of "finish this academic proof/argument" mode.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:04 am Reply with quote
She's been in college too long

Seven years of college down the drain. Might as well join the f-in Peace Corps.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1