• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Protocol for Article Submissions

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anymouse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:40 pm Reply with quote
I submitted an idea for an article to Zac Bertschy. I found that the Brain Diving article Ace of Database had already covered most of what I wrote, but I have not received a reply on my article plan. I am not demanding one, but am just wondering what is the proper protocol when sending e-mails to the editor or to the staff? Should I just keep sending e-mails until I fill up their in-box and I am added to their blocked sender list or should I wait some time before hitting reply? Should I take the lack of a reply as a synonym for "no"? The latter is understandable considering the large volume of e-mails that the editors must receive. I think it would be a good idea to have some guidelines on what is considered appropriate when resending an e-mail or asking for a followup.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:26 pm Reply with quote
The submission guidelines are covered here. I just added a part about giving us one week to respond; if it's been more than that and you still haven't received a reply, feel free to bug us some more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:16 am Reply with quote
That's weird - I got your submission via email and responded there. I guess you didn't get it - or I screwed it up somehow.

At any rate, here's my response:

Thank you for your interest and your submission but presently I am not accepting any unsolicited works.
Anymouse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:22 am Reply with quote
Thank you for your response! I don't know why I didn't receive your e-mail. I have checked my junk folder and it didn't go there either. I guess sometimes weird things happen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1