• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Video Feature Requests

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:47 pm Reply with quote
How difficult would it be to create a list of links to series video pages, rather than the navigation currently in place? When I click a link to a series, I would like the link to take me to the page itself, rather than an additional step of listing out every series before having to select the link I want.

This navigation is tediously bulky to navigate in the manner it's delivered. I'm not asking for it to be removed, but the list to companion what already exists.

Also (perhaps a subscriber feature?), how difficult would it be to allow users to store their viewed anime in a list? This would be very helpful so I can keep track of the episodes I've viewed. I often take breaks between viewing and can't recall the last episode. I'm old and can't recall stuff as well as I used to.

Thanks.

PS: Why are the first 4 episodes missing from the Toradora premium?
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, we know that /video/anime is tediously bulky; it was designed when we had much fewer series in our catalog. We're planning to have an entirely new design for that page so I don't really want to invest time on patching it up to be less bulky. What about doing like I do, and just use the thumbnails at the bottom of each video page?

Automatically tracking viewed anime in a list is something that we're actually working on, but in the meantime you could do it manually, for example by using the MyAnime "seen some" category and writing the last episode seen in the comment field.

Finally, the first 4 episodes are not missing from the Toradora premium. It says "5-15" because the first 4 episodes are freely available, but if you buy Toradora 5-15 then 1-4 will also become ad-free. I've updated the descriptions on the premium page to make that clear.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1