• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Infinite Stratos Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
[Soapboxing]

No one cares.

Anyway, I couldn't care less about this show. From the sounds of the Winter Preview guide this show is fairly terrible anyway. Step it up, Sentai Laughing .
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:03 pm Reply with quote
SaiyanHero16 wrote:
This has to be a record

I was thinking the same thing.
toyNN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Heh - any Sci-Fi, Mech, Harem, Shonen anime has to be good...right? At least its not Freezing which seems to be extra vile. And yes a stream now would be nice - but doesn't sound like its part of their license.

Sentai does seem to be trending to these titles that may have niche popularity but maybe not enough for Funi to license for full dub.
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:09 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
No one cares.

Anyway, I couldn't care less about this show. From the sounds of the Winter Preview guide this show is fairly terrible anyway. Step it up, Sentai Laughing .

Just read the Light Novels (LN) instead of the crappy CGI''s. Anyway does this CGI's reminds me from Cel Damage from EA Games. Now that's resources.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:14 pm Reply with quote
BlackJaded wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
It must have been pretty cheap due to how bad it is. Razz

Nope, am I the only thinks the CGI was good and the whole show has potential ?

I'm not a CGI fan but they did Macross Frontier. Can at least you jerks have credit.

No I think it does have some potential, even if a good bit of the show is basically stuff we have seen before in other shows.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:18 pm Reply with quote
toyNN wrote:
At least its not Freezing which seems to be extra vile.

Yeah, I'll give you that one Wink .
This is a show I'll probably wait until it finishes its airing and then blow through the whole thing on a boring weekend. That is, provided that it gets a stream on their site as my policy is to drop the fansubs as soon as I hear about the particular show being licensed whether it's being simulcasted or not.
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:33 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
BlackJaded wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:
It must have been pretty cheap due to how bad it is. Razz

Nope, am I the only thinks the CGI was good and the whole show has potential ?

I'm not a CGI fan but they did Macross Frontier. Can at least you jerks have credit.

No I think it does have some potential, even if a good bit of the show is basically stuff we have seen before in other shows.

Despite the cliches it doesn't matter at least it's entertaining. I guess Anime fans are more worse than Philadelphia Fans (sports fans).

Yes the whole plot sucks but casts makes up to it.
Player No. 3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:33 pm Reply with quote
In all seriousness though, it seems Sentai is really quick to license things. Does anyone know how the series is doing in Japan? I'm curious to know.
mudduck454

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:43 pm Reply with quote
well this is not the fastest they have done a show, they announced high school of the dead, before it aired in japan, and even announced the DVD with english dub at the same time, now that was fast
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Didn't see that one coming.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Sweet and only 2eps in to
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:31 pm Reply with quote
By the way, for anybody keeping score, the last time Funi announced a license for a previously unreleased anime TV series for physical media distribution (as opposed to just simulcasting) was on August 13th of last year: Ga-Rei Zero. Since that time, Sentai has announced 11 licenses for previously unreleased anime TV series: Utakata, Taisho Baseball Girls, Nyan Koi!, 11eyes, Koihime Muso, Shin Koihime Muso, Shin Koihime Muso: Otome Tairan, Kampfer, Needless, Akane-Iro ni Samoru Saka, and now Infinite Stratos.

This fuels my fears that Funi's uncertainty with Navarre has caused them to pull back on acquiring licenses for anime TV series for physical media distribution.
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Player No. 3 wrote:
In all seriousness though, it seems Sentai is really quick to license things. Does anyone know how the series is doing in Japan? I'm curious to know.

Everyone like the character. Just like I said the show is good plus it's on third on 2ch in winter rankings. I do expect this has show have a second and third season.

So take that ANN reviewers including you Zack!
Hannish Lightning

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:06 am Reply with quote
What is with Sentai? Most of their releases are either harem, magical, or ecchi anime.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:02 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
By the way, for anybody keeping score, the last time Funi announced a license for a previously unreleased anime TV series for physical media distribution (as opposed to just simulcasting) was on August 13th of last year: Ga-Rei Zero. Since that time, Sentai has announced 11 licenses for previously unreleased anime TV series: Utakata, Taisho Baseball Girls, Nyan Koi!, 11eyes, Koihime Muso, Shin Koihime Muso, Shin Koihime Muso: Otome Tairan, Kampfer, Needless, Akane-Iro ni Samoru Saka, and now Infinite Stratos.

This fuels my fears that Funi's uncertainty with Navarre has caused them to pull back on acquiring licenses for anime TV series for physical media distribution.

Or maybe FUNimation has set the bar higher for what they will license. When you're putting out hits like Evangelion, Hetalia: Axis Powers, Black Butler, FMA, Dragon Ball Z and doing theatrical releases, do you really go after titles like UtaKata and 11eyes?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4