• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Summer Wars - Win it Before You Can Buy it

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:04 pm Reply with quote
The Naked Beast wrote:
This is an awesome prize package. Anyone here know how to use those Hanafuda cards?

Its a fun game, those that don't know how should learn to play. Still, I prefer Mahjong Very Happy
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Quote:
As long as it's good enough for USPS, it's good enough for us (now stop asking us).

PO Boxes are good enough for USPS, why aren't they good enough for your contest? A PO box is all I use because it's not safe to use a mailbox with me being away from home as often as I am. Guess I'm already disqualified.

I've asked this question before and gotten no response from ANN. I too use a PO box because there are security issues with home delivery.

Again, I respectfuly request that ANN explain the reasons for its prejudice against PO boxes.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
KN_guro wrote:
I'm annoyed everything is always size XL. I imagine they say "so it fits everyone", but in reality it doesn't. I'm willing to bet 75% of people do not wear XL and so in reality it is absolutely not fitting everyone it's only catering to the minority.
Eh, I look at it this way: XL is a great size for a nightshirt or just being lazy around the house. Anime hyper But then again, I can only wear small/medium shirts, so that's why.

Anyway, totally entered. ^^ Good luck everyone.

Same here.
I'm a size S but (if I win) I'll just wear it during the summer.

As for the Hanafuda cards, I hope they come with a "How to Play" booklet~ If not, then I'll look online. Anime hyper

Good luck to all who entered!!
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:06 pm Reply with quote
chefneer wrote:
Again, I respectfuly request that ANN explain the reasons for its prejudice against PO boxes.
I presume it's so people can't enter multiple times-- once with a physical address and once or more with various P.O. box(es), perhaps. That'd be my guess.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Keichitsu0305 wrote:
As for the Hanafuda cards, I hope they come with a "How to Play" booklet~ If not, then I'll look online. Anime hyper

One of the pictures shows what appears to be a sheet explaining scoring for the Koi Koi game, as shown in the movie, using Hanafuda cards. I presume it also decribes the rules of play.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:55 pm Reply with quote
I want to see the film, so I hope I win.
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:01 pm Reply with quote
In case I don't win, can I buy that shirt anywhere else? Its pretty awesome looking.
Sea Lion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:05 pm Reply with quote
This would be one of the coolest contests EVAR to win. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Tank252ca

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Already placed my pre-order as it's a really fun movie, but it would be cool to win the other goodies. Very Happy
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
PO Boxes are good enough for USPS, why aren't they good enough for your contest? A PO box is all I use because it's not safe to use a mailbox with me being away from home as often as I am. Guess I'm already disqualified.

Shipments are done by UPS. UPS doesn't do PO Boxes.
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:02 pm Reply with quote
The confusion arises from your contest rules, which state: "if it's good enough for USPS, it's good enough for us." Should I presume that the "USPS" part is a typo? That would explain much.

USPS has been trained to not even try to deliver mail to my door - anything addressed to my street address is automatically returned to sender. So, if I should enter, and if the Gods should decide to favor me with the winning draw, may I feel safe in the belief that the package will not be lost in limbo, somewhere in the bowels of the United States Postal Service? 'Cause UPS I can do.
scottoka1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm also confused about the whole "We deliver using USPS but we don't send it through the P.O. Box"

I bought an MP3 player through Amazon and got yelled at by a USPS rep. Because it had my home address NOT my P.O. Box address. If I "miraculously" win this contest, I'll probably get yelled at again....sounds like fun huh?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:38 pm Reply with quote
chefneer wrote:
The confusion arises from your contest rules, which state: "if it's good enough for USPS, it's good enough for us." Should I presume that the "USPS" part is a typo? That would explain much.

No, it is not a typo.

scottoka1 wrote:
I'm also confused about the whole "We deliver using USPS but we don't send it through the P.O. Box"

It does not say we deliver by USPS. It says "if it's good enough for USPS..." In regards to that, we were specifically referring to the "complete address" issue addressed in the two preceding lines. A lot of people were leaving out key info like their city, state or zip code.

That said, I understand the confusion (slightly).

Future contests will have new wording. In fact, I'm diminishing the explanation in the contests, and just adding a link to a new section in the FAQ. If people don't know what a complete address is, that's their loss. I disqualified over 40 people from the Canadian Evangelion ticket contest because they didn't enter their complete address.

FYI, for Funimation contests, shipping is done by UPS.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2