• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses Basilisk

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:42 pm Reply with quote
While I applaud them.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:28 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
looks like Funimations is bitching, so now no groups are doing Basilisk DAMNIT! Evil or Very Mad

i am now offically on the hate funimation bandwagon

I also applaud FUNimation, while I call you a... Well, I don't know what to call someone like you.

Any company that tells fansubbers to cease and decist on a licensed property of theirs deserves applauding.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:42 am Reply with quote
ok maybe i went overboard.
it's not that i hate funimation, but resorting to these kinda tactics just sucks. what companies don't understand is people aren't gonna wait a year for something they can have now. sooner or later someone else is gonna come along and do it anyway, all they're doing is pissing off potential customers. granted everyone that watches fansubs don't go out and buy the product, but there are some{like me} that do.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:53 am Reply with quote
I can wait a year for the DVDs, but not more than that.

When something's licensed, I think: "Cool, they licensed X series, now I can buy it on DVD, see the better video quality, have a professional translation (Sub and dub), and also delete the fansubs I have."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
E_X

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:51 am Reply with quote
I'm glad i didn't watch the fansubs i had, because i'd be more annoyed than I am now. The thing is I'm not worried as much about not watching Basilisk for a year or so as I am worried about FUNi employing these kind of tactics. I really didn't wanted anymore ADVs in the anime releasing industry.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:03 am Reply with quote
E_X wrote:
I'm glad i didn't watch the fansubs i had, because i'd be more annoyed than I am now. The thing is I'm not worried as much about not watching Basilisk for a year or so as I am worried about FUNi employing these kind of tactics. I really didn't wanted anymore ADVs in the anime releasing industry.

Yeah, because protecting your business, license, and properties is a bad and evil thing... Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:17 am Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
E_X wrote:

Yeah, because protecting your business, license, and properties is a bad and evil thing... Rolling Eyes

so then let's go sue everyone's that's watching it on TV for free in Japan. i could understand if the show wasn't running any more, but come on.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:07 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Godaistudios wrote:
E_X wrote:

so then let's go sue everyone's that's watching it on TV for free in Japan. i could understand if the show wasn't running any more, but come on.

Just what kind of logic is this? (referring to v1cious)
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:27 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
v1cious wrote:
Godaistudios wrote:
E_X wrote:

Just what kind of logic is this? (referring to v1cious)

my point is it's just tv. people did this for this years with VHS tapes. it's something people are watching for free anyway, not some exclusive thing you can only buy on dvd. that's just like someone from Japan downloading last night's Family Guy episode, and translating it. i mean it's openly available.

i personally think a show should be out on the shelf ready to buy before one considers it piracy.
E_X

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:54 am Reply with quote
Hmm, that has been said to me before. I guess I'm not as mature as you guys. I always rather watch the whole thing before buying the DVDs rather than deciding on a few episodes.

(not being sarcastic btw)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3