• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kuroko's Basketball Allowed at Tokyo Big Sight Event

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burnpsy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:23 am Reply with quote
Isn't it rather sad that it being allowed is what's notable?
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:56 am Reply with quote
It is, however it shouldn't be long hopefully till the fact that Kuroko's Basketball had to go through this becomes urban legend. We talk about bad news as it contrasts with the norm (good news, everything looks like it will be okay). We talk about good news when it contrasts with the hard times prior.
Divineking

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:08 am Reply with quote
Well it's not much but at least someone's decided not to be intimidated. Hopefully other events will follow suit. Best way to prove this nutjob's a total joke.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Finally, a brave act.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Well it's not much but at least someone's decided not to be intimidated. Hopefully other events will follow suit. Best way to prove this nutjob's a total joke.

I guess they figured out the cost of the necessary security was affordable when calculated against the amount of extra business it would attract.

Plus, it is more likely they will catch the nutjob if they allow these thing to proceed with the extra security.
soulfringe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:06 pm Reply with quote
I have to agree. Allowing these events to proceed with the extra security is the best way to go. Not only are you increasing chances at catching the guy (although I suppose at a greater risk), but by doing so it will deter any future threats by imitators.

Now I can't speak for Japan's society, but I know here if someone successfully blocks an event from happening repeatably like this guy has, other people would copycat it. At some point, you have to put a stop to it. You can't let these people win. Take measures to catch the guy and put a stop to it, rather than letting him win.
StormSky92

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:47 pm Reply with quote
This ought to be interesting. Either nothing is going to happen, or....well..... let's not think about what might happen.
batou65

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully the guy offed himself at the end of the year, like he said he was going to if he didn't get the "apology" he was demanding.
kanechin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:53 pm Reply with quote
So, what's the issue with Kuroko's Basketball?
domino

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Finally.
I wonder if they're only getting tough because they finally realized they're setting precedent for other series to have entire events cancelled by a single idiot's letter. Now that the Touhou cash cow has been threatened too...
bats_souther

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:49 am Reply with quote
Pretty funny as to how some people can take something so seriously that they issue death threats for it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1