• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled #2's Advance Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:44 am Reply with quote
Oh definitely looking forward to this. Shame it's getting delayed a bit but looking forward to it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PrecisionCrab

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Don't care.

Six month delay is just retarded for a 40-minute production. Even Hellsing Ultimate releases didn't get more than month-long delays in Japan.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:56 pm Reply with quote
PrecisionCrab wrote:
Don't care.

Six month delay is just retarded for a 40-minute production. Even Hellsing Ultimate releases didn't get more than month-long delays in Japan.

Gee, I dunno.

Maybe the fact they're working on another show this season too? Majestic Space Prince, for instance.
PrecisionCrab

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
PrecisionCrab wrote:
Don't care.

Gee, I dunno.

Maybe the fact they're working on another show this season too? Majestic Space Prince, for instance.

And they're automatically dismissed from blame of irresponsibility? It's called time management. Don't undertake additional tasks unless you're certain your team can finish current ones in a timely fashion.

That's a fact Square Enix hasn't been able to comprehend, and it's been biting them in the ass for 7 years now.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Knightmares in SPACE!
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:42 pm Reply with quote
PrecisionCrab wrote:

And they're automatically dismissed from blame of irresponsibility? It's called time management. Don't undertake additional tasks unless you're certain your team can finish current ones in a timely fashion.

That's a fact Square Enix hasn't been able to comprehend, and it's been biting them in the ass for 7 years now.

What exactly does Versus have to do with this? Rolling Eyes
Nothing.

It doesn't have anything to do with time management either. While they said Spring was the release date, they never explicitly said when either. Unless a specific date is given, for an OVA no less, you can't take it as cemented proof of that being the release date.
PrecisionCrab

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:29 pm Reply with quote
The mid-February release was attached on an ANN article, but I noticed it was unverified and thus removed. I guess that's my fault for not looking over once more. Regardless, my point still stands. An unnecessarily long delay simply because they don't know how to prioritize their projects.
nightjuan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Kurohei wrote:
Knightmares in SPACE!

That's an amusing image, but I doubt it's something that will actually happen. It comes across as either a piece of purely promotional imagery or a symbol vaguely related to Geass (like, say, the images of Jupiter in the original show).

PrecisionCrab wrote:
The mid-February release was attached on an ANN article, but I noticed it was unverified and thus removed.

Which was the right move, for the record, because there was no real source for it anyway. None of the Japanese pages ever mentioned it, so I still have absolutely no idea where they came up with that date.

Quote:
An unnecessarily long delay simply because they don't know how to prioritize their projects.

I won't repeat exactly what I wrote in my post a couple of days ago, though I think it still stands, but perhaps the reason could be the opposite: they know how to prioritize, and from their own point of view this type of project can be delayed when necessary with little or no ill effects for the company and its business. And that's, in the end, what they really care about.

But until we know the truth, which is unlikely to ever happen, the specific reasons will remain open to speculation. Like I said before though, I prefer to wait and only judge the results.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Was that Sir Luciano Bradley?
sorincha child

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:50 am Reply with quote
Still have no idea why they decided to revive this after the ending. But this looks interesting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1