• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blue Exorcist, Eva 2.22, K-ON, Durarara Promos Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeanBandit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:54 am Reply with quote
Kinda disappointed how Funimation is cutting the Eva 2.22 trailers, don't even use music from the actual film which I find strange. Still a fantastic film though which should be bought by everybody.

I have to echo the disappointment over the K-On! dub, those over the top cute voices start to grate on the nerves after a wile. It's to be expected though considering it's a Bang Zoom dub as they seem to have a real problem trying to hard to mimic the Japanese actors and failing miserably at it.

Last edited by BeanBandit on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:55 am Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
And honestly, I've been really excited to hurry up and delve into the world of Neon Genesis Evangelion for months. I think I'm actually gonna start with the Rebuilds, and then go back and buy the original series and those movies whenever the Rebuilds are finished.

I've still got go HD and get 1.11+pre-order 2.22, but I've got time.

Don't forget that the manga has some major differences from the anime and the remakes, so that's another way to enjoy the series.

I'm not sure you should wait around for the remakes to finish before watching the original, though. The remakes have a lot of little scenes that seem normal at first glance but are full of innuendos linking back to the original. Also, since Anno-san and Studio Khara are (thankfully) taking their time and making the rebuilds every bit as juicy as they should be you might be waiting another four years or more. But, that's just my three cents.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:40 am Reply with quote
I liked what we heard of the K-ON! dub. Yui was the only really cute sounding one and even she didn't sound all that over the top. It'd be different if this was a more serious title, but I think the voice worked just fine in English for a show like this. I thought Ritsu's voice was good, but it was slightly less enthusiastic than the Japanese version. I think that'll probably pick up later in the season. I'm really looking forward to watching these again in English!

Blue Exorcist is looking good, but I honestly have no idea what's going on. I'm sure a fansubbed preview isn't far behind.

The out takes for DRRR!, wow! How long before "I'm playing the sax, mother f----!" becomes a meme?

John Casey wrote:
=_=

Thanks for answering my question you guys... Big kudos indeed...

You really thought you'd get an answer in around 4 hours on a Sunday? Anime smallmouth You have more faith in the Internet than I do.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:42 am Reply with quote
In the order the trailers were shown:

Holy cow. Cannot wait to own this movie. Already have the first Rebuild.

K-On!'s dub doesn't blow my socks off, so if I end up buying it it'll definitely be for the seiyuus. No offense to the dub actresses; I'm normally more dub-favored than sub, but regarding this particular title, the original Japanese just caught me right away.

I already saw this DRRR!! blooper reel on their Aniplex site but it's always a joy to see/hear it again. Nearly buts my gut every time. Anime hyper I love blooper reels as Extras almost as much as I love the Commentaries sometimes included, so the absolute millisecond Durarara!! comes out with a box set, I AM SNATCHING THAT SH** UP!! Aniplex of America, keep doin' what yer doin', and I'll just start having my paychecks signed to you.
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:39 am Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:
I've heard somewhere they they skimped out on the Russian dialogue in the DRRR! dub.

I've been waiting for somebody who already got the DVDs and see if they can confirm that.

No, I actually think they did dub it. I went through and watched both pretty closely and while the voices did sound similar you could definitely tell the difference between the two. Plus, after going through it a couple of times, one right after the other I think the dialogue was different as well. (I can't say I speak too much Russian, none actually but they sounded like they used different words/phrases in the dub to me)
It took me a few times 'cause I wasn't exactly sure at first, thats how much everything sounded the same to me but i'm pretty sure, after watching it a few times that it was dubbed.
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:31 am Reply with quote
Yui's voice makes me want to puke. the [This URL is a known Bootlegging website] dub is better than that, and thats saying alot. Then again [This URL is a known Bootlegging website] dubbed Hayate but Bandai didn't Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3