• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magazine: Tokyo MX TV Affected by Youth Ordinance Bill

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:08 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Furthermore, anime TV has always been changing over the years - or haven't ya guys noticed that back in the 90's, shows like Ranma 1/2 could show naked tits on primetime? Maybe ya guys didn't notice because the change didn't affect your enjoyment of it? Confused

If you look carefully nowadays there is a tit galore on TV broadcast anime not found ten years ago (nowadays there is hardly any inuendo, it is a more "in your face" approach), the only difference it that sometimes they attempt to push DVD sales higher by censoring some nipples.

Yeah, tucked away at late late night.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Salsaman1991 wrote:
Yeah, because musicians who don't get radio air time have record sales on iTunes.

Don't delude yourself. This WILL hurt the industry. The fact that a TV station has already turned to cutting ties to anime fans is just the beginning. Soon, they'll refuse to air anything that even requires censoring. And if you can't get your show to air anywhere, how do you expect to sell the DVD? The studio and production commitee will think "might as well produce something tamer and get air-time on a station than end up with a sure-fire failure in our hands"
I agree, you pointed out a lot of things many people overlook about the Bill and the possible consequences. I was not pleased with the conformist attitude in the recent ANN Cast; that this is what was needed, the anime industry was getting too extreme, etc. Standing by and letting the changes occur while trying to tell yourself there will still be good anime made, is just delusional. Personally I go with the old adage; if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3