• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Earn $50 at Anime Expo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Too bad I only make it local cons, otherwise I'd do it for free. Wink

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
global

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:11 am Reply with quote
I would cover the whole thing if I could get a press pass. But as it stands now, there is enough to do with waiting in lines to get into ticketed events that I'm missing too much.
matthewlow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:54 am Reply with quote
I decided to post instead of email mainly because I know I'm not going to fit into ANN's expectations. Instead, I'd like to write on the two events that are the most important to me personally for one main reason; coverage on these events mean a lot to me. I feel that the anime world should know what goes on in the lives of card gamers. Especially if they're anime based.

I do not care to be paid and hence hope this factors into your guys' decision.

My screenname is my real name. My email is in the email link. I will be 20 before AX starts. And I'll cut to the chase...

I'm a card gamer by trade. I play both the Inuyasha Trading Card Game and the Dragon Ball GT Trading Card Game.

As some may know, the DBGT TCG was cancelled a little over a month ago, and Score Entertainment, developer of both IYTCG and DBZCCG/DBGTTCG, will be releasing the Dragon Ball Z Trading Card Game (called Re-Z). Free MONEY tournaments will be held Friday and Saturday, giving the general public the first shot at seeing the new game. This is the first time the game will be seen ever, along with Origins. I feel that this is very important, especially in the DBZ gaming world. Only specialized people know how the game works right now, so this will be a brand new surprise for 90% of the gamers.

On Saturday, the Inuyasha Shikon Jewel Championship will be taking place. Sunday will hold the top cut rounds. This is Inuyasha TCG Worlds, the first ever. I will be playing in this. Not only does the amount of money given out seem crazy ($18,700 amongst top 32, which to be brutally honest, should be really easy to reach), but the first place prize is off the wall. Some may remember the press article on Rumiko Takahashi's autograph on an exclusive card. The very first one will be given to the World Champion, and this should create a stir in the anime world. Not only the fact that Ms. Takahashi rarely autographs cards, but imagining what it would go for on Ebay if the winner decides to sell it...

I feel that a coverage on these two events, mainly the Inuyasha one, should deem worthy for a site like this. If not, that is perfectly fine. I don't have a problem with that. I'm just trying to spread news about what happens in my world, in hopes that people will enjoy it too. And maybe play the games I so love and cherish.

As for qualifications, I am a freelance writer for Scrye, a gaming magazine, on both the Dragon Ball GT TCG, Inuyasha TCG, and now the Dragon Ball Z TCG. I also write for Pojo (http://www.pojo.com) on their DBZ site. I have attended so many cons in the past it would take a really long time to list them all, and probably bore people to death.

If you are at all interested, please let me know. I should be extremely easy to find at AnimeExpo; most of my time will be spent either at the Score booth and dealer's room, or the Score Entertainment gaming room. Ask pretty much any Score representative for me and they should be able to point you in the right direction. I will be also trying to hit some of the main AX events like the Music Video Awards, Opening/Closing Ceremonies, among others, mainly because I missed them last year while volunteering for Score and I don't want to this time. There are a few panels I'm considering going to, but I'm a gamer first, so if I need to play, that's where my priorities will be.

Thanks for reading and hope I didn't waste your time.
Vekou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Sweet...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1