• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
anime where the bad guy wins*Spoilers*

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadow_guyver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:01 am Reply with quote
I knew it. I knew someone was going to bring up Berserk. spoiler[It works too. If one only considers the anime, then the bad guys do indeed win in the end. However, the end of the anime isn't even close to the end of the story, as the manga isn't finished. I suspect that is why it wasn't brought up.]
coolerimmortal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I knew it. I knew someone was going to bring up Berserk. spoiler[It works too. If one only considers the anime, then the bad guys do indeed win in the end. However, the end of the anime isn't even close to the end of the story, as the manga isn't finished. I suspect that is why it wasn't brought up.]

Well, I wouldn't exactly say the bad guys win in Berserk...spoiler[True, the Hawks were annhilated and Guts lost his arm and eye, but remember the first episode...Guts killed Griffith and got his revenge.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bluechibi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Damnit thanks for ruining it for me Sad

I thought the example the guy was giving would be another anime so when I checked it I find out that it's an anime I'm about to watch the first volume of Crying or Very sad

Grrr my advice to everyone, dont look at any spoiler tags unless you know what show they're spoiling for you.

Evil or Very Mad

An example of a movie where the main character dies. Lets see how you like it, you wont know if you've seen this movie until you've read the title and by then it's too late and spoiled for you.

spoiler[Full Metal Alchemist]
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:35 pm Reply with quote
bluechibi wrote:
spoiler[Full Metal Alchemist]

Are you referring to the movie or TV series? Either way, that doesn't make sense.

spoiler[The movie is still a month away from it's premiere, and to the best of my knowledge, none of us here have seen it yet. If you've seen the final episode, Ed isn't dead, just away in a different dimension - so to speak - unlike the "dimension" for Goku in DBZ Rolling Eyes]

Now while I understand how you may feel, this thread has made it impossible to not mention the anime series in question, just prevent spoiling it any more than that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
bluechibi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I was lying about that spoiler Smile I wouldnt be that mean
crazydumbek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:44 pm Reply with quote
How about spoiler[.........X.........]? The bad guy one, and it (sort of) became a good thing.
shadow_guyver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:40 am Reply with quote
coolerimmortal wrote:
Well, I wouldn't exactly say the bad guys win in Berserk...spoiler[True, the Hawks were annhilated and Guts lost his arm and eye, but remember the first episode...Guts killed Griffith and got his revenge.]

Wrong. spoiler[That wasn't Griffith. That was an apostle, sort of like Zodd, only really weak in comparison. They serve the Godhand. Griffith became a member of the Godhand. Also, Griffith's new form, Femto, looks nothing like the guy from the first episode.]
coolerimmortal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:50 pm Reply with quote
I see...My apologies. spoiler[As he was being called Griffith, I just assumed that the transformation changed his appearance as well...]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mistress_reebi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:02 pm Reply with quote
dgreater1 wrote:
Bad guy wins... really bad spoilers ahead spoiler[Hentai animes], the bad guys, almost always ends up doing what they want to do Crying or Very sad

that right, it wouldn't fit right if good guys win in that it would be out of charater
Super Arrow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Though it's already been-indirectly-mentioned...

spoiler[Zeta Gundam: Haman's Axis Zeon is the only faction with any real kind of military strength left.]

And 0083 isn't exactly happy either...

Randall Miyashiro wrote:
I'm trying to remember but in God Bless Dancougar spoiler[the main characters end up trashed in the end?] It's been close to 20 years since I saw it so I don't really remember.

Please tell me that they're not the classic Dancougar Team.

Randall Miyashiro wrote:
In all the Tomino mid 80's Sunrise shows spoiler[Daba ends up caring for a brain fried girl, Fa ends up caring for a brain fried boy, and Chaum is the only survivor.] I've seen these a few times in the last 20 years Razz

TominOWNED! And how come Ideon isn't in that List?

But I thought that L-Gaim was supposed to have a happy ending?
spider-moose

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:29 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Devilman, Satan rips Devilman apart right in half]

spoiler[Fist of the North star, Ken's brother beats him]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2