Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Ixion Saga DT Episodes 7-12 Streaming




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Divineking



Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Posts: 1023

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:26 am Reply with quote
Once again I think this is pretty accurate summation for those episodes. Personally I found the episode where Kon was a good amusing but mostly for the absurd video game references. The thing I liked the most about this set of episodes though was the whole thing with Kon and the Princess's spoiler["death"]. I knew were going to survive and I even know how they'd do it, but it was still played in a way that made it entertaining. Guess the show really is good at that when it wants to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
trilaan



Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 423
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:50 am Reply with quote
I'm still loving this show, it's only gone over the top for me once and that was in the latest ep. Really, Kon? *sigh*

As far as being non-heroic, Gokudo(of Gokudo) still has Kon beat by a mile.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rainrix



Joined: 21 Aug 2012
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:18 pm Reply with quote
This is the only true comedy this season, something which gives me enough reason to watch...it doesn't try to be eight shows at once. Too many shows seem to have the most trouble balancing comedy, drama, romance, tragedy, etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 6985

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:16 pm Reply with quote
The comedy is spread too thin throughout the series, and there's really only enough material in the story to carry for 13 episodes, not double that. I think I'm only still watching for the newhalf, otherwise I'd have dropped it weeks ago.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 4550
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Well, the show does frustrates me sometimes with its jokes and comedy but most of the time, I find it appealing and humorous.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden



Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 2551
Location: earth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:55 am Reply with quote
i don't get this show, someone this is one of the most watched show in CR right now.

Naruto, Hunter X Hunter, Then this. Wtf
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
toyNN



Joined: 18 Jun 2010
Posts: 221
Location: Seattle, WA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:18 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
i don't get this show, someone this is one of the most watched show in CR right now.

Naruto, Hunter X Hunter, Then this. Wtf


I like this anime - easy to watch and fun enough at times. Review seems very fair and accurate.

As for CR's "popularity" sorted list its probably listing Ixion Saga in third now since the new episode came out today and there is a surge of people watching it (me included). Otherwise I say - Maoya, Oreshua, Blast of Tempest, Gintama, Pet Girl of Sakurasou, and surpise hit Kotoura-san are all much more popular than Ixion Saga DT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RyanSaotome



Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 4210
Location: Towson, Maryland

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:47 am Reply with quote
Huh, I thought the God episode was the best yet. Maybe Rebecca just didn't get all the video game references or something that made it so funny.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Spotlesseden



Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 2551
Location: earth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:07 am Reply with quote
toyNN wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
i don't get this show, someone this is one of the most watched show in CR right now.

Naruto, Hunter X Hunter, Then this. Wtf


I like this anime - easy to watch and fun enough at times. Review seems very fair and accurate.

As for CR's "popularity" sorted list its probably listing Ixion Saga in third now since the new episode came out today and there is a surge of people watching it (me included). Otherwise I say - Maoya, Oreshua, Blast of Tempest, Gintama, Pet Girl of Sakurasou, and surpise hit Kotoura-san are all much more popular than Ixion Saga DT.

na. This anime is always rank very high on the list. it doesn't matter what date.
Bleach has no new eps for a long time now, it's still go 5 all the time. SAO has no new eps for almost 6 weeks now, it's still on the top 10. Maoyu got new Eps on Friday, It's still got beat by tons of anime. I don't think new eps are big deal.
Problem Children has new eps on Friday . it always rank above Maoyu. I don't think that anime is that popular.

Other than Blast of Tempest, Gintama, i think you are wrong on others. Especially Maoya. Go check Mon to Sat ranking if you like the Sunday Ranking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
toyNN



Joined: 18 Jun 2010
Posts: 221
Location: Seattle, WA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
toyNN wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
i don't get this show, someone this is one of the most watched show in CR right now.

Naruto, Hunter X Hunter, Then this. Wtf


I like this anime - easy to watch and fun enough at times. Review seems very fair and accurate.

As for CR's "popularity" sorted list its probably listing Ixion Saga in third now since the new episode came out today and there is a surge of people watching it (me included). Otherwise I say - Maoya, Oreshua, Blast of Tempest, Gintama, Pet Girl of Sakurasou, and surpise hit Kotoura-san are all much more popular than Ixion Saga DT.

na. This anime is always rank very high on the list. it doesn't matter what date.
Bleach has no new eps for a long time now, it's still go 5 all the time. SAO has no new eps for almost 6 weeks now, it's still on the top 10. Maoyu got new Eps on Friday, It's still got beat by tons of anime. I don't think new eps are big deal.
Problem Children has new eps on Friday . it always rank above Maoyu. I don't think that anime is that popular.

Other than Blast of Tempest, Gintama, i think you are wrong on others. Especially Maoya. Go check Mon to Sat ranking if you like the Sunday Ranking.


You might be right - I'm going on the number of times the show is ranked - certainly assumes that about the same percentage of viewers will give a star-ranking for the show. The ones I noted get a lot more ranking votes (Maoya especially) than Ixion. CR's popularity sort - I guess I just never trust that to really reflect overall popularity.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CrisGer A.A.



Joined: 26 Feb 2011
Posts: 92
Location: Colorado, Califonia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:50 pm Reply with quote
This show was a surprise. I panned it at first and canned it for later thought. Now i love it the art and the feeling of the series is fun and bold and the art is really good. I love this kind of expansive and beautiful anime, the heroic and saga type story works well with a good strong cast of characters and the overall plot tho a familiar one has enough variations to make it fresh and we even get some good tho at times odd fanservice. I still wonder if "they" ..."did it" and anyone who has really watched the series will know what i am referring to Smile

glad for such good anime to keep coming out..and i am looking forward to the next events.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group