Forum - View topic
NEWS: Reborn's Akira Amano Previews 1-Shot Manga




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ShanaFan852



Joined: 01 Jul 2010
Posts: 553
Location: Minnesota, USA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:48 am Reply with quote
>His

Uh, Akira Amano is a woman...

Anyway, interested in reading this one. Also the guy in that picture looks sorta like 10-years old Lambo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tylerr



Joined: 13 Nov 2010
Posts: 186

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:15 pm Reply with quote
She completely ruined the ending of reborn so i'll skip anything she ever does in the future just to spite her.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kazemon15



Joined: 24 Mar 2007
Posts: 316

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Tylerr wrote:
She completely ruined the ending of reborn so i'll skip anything she ever does in the future just to spite her.



Yes, because for all we know, Shounen Jump forced her to end it to make room for the new manga, so let's spite her despite her making a successful shounen series for the past 8 years. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, whatever. I'll be reading this. I'm glad she left Reborn open-ended, that way, she can return to it if she ever so well pleases.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Thatguy3331



Joined: 18 Feb 2012
Posts: 1179

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:34 pm Reply with quote
^I kinda doubt she will but if she does I'll still be a bit weary, I really fell out of the series after the future arc...

However I'll be willing to give this one a shot, its said that most authors (with the exception of Hiro apparently) tend to make their second or third works their stronger ones due to expirience and such...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tylerr



Joined: 13 Nov 2010
Posts: 186

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Kazemon15 wrote:
Tylerr wrote:
She completely ruined the ending of reborn so i'll skip anything she ever does in the future just to spite her.



Yes, because for all we know, Shounen Jump forced her to end it to make room for the new manga, so let's spite her despite her making a successful shounen series for the past 8 years. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, whatever. I'll be reading this. I'm glad she left Reborn open-ended, that way, she can return to it if she ever so well pleases.


It was ruined long before they forced her to do an ending. And being open ending has nothing to do with whether or not it was a good one.


The last chapters were about tsuna picking a girl, yet they couldn't even get that right, so it was basically a waste of space. Nothing was resolved and tsuna didn't have any character progression throughout the entire manga. We never even got to see future tsuna, what the hell is that?

The future arc was the last time the series was any good, it got terrible after that, its no wonder they never went back to adapt anymore to the anime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GiriOni



Joined: 10 Aug 2012
Posts: 159

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Mehh... I only liked Reborn back when it was a comedy series, it seemed more interesting then. But that's my humor bias...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr Adventure



Joined: 14 Jul 2008
Posts: 1185

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Hope this makes it to Weekly Shonen Jump (USA). Don't know anything about Akira Amano or Reborn!, but I dig one-offs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Kazemon15



Joined: 24 Mar 2007
Posts: 316

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Tylerr wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:
Tylerr wrote:
She completely ruined the ending of reborn so i'll skip anything she ever does in the future just to spite her.



Yes, because for all we know, Shounen Jump forced her to end it to make room for the new manga, so let's spite her despite her making a successful shounen series for the past 8 years. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, whatever. I'll be reading this. I'm glad she left Reborn open-ended, that way, she can return to it if she ever so well pleases.


It was ruined long before they forced her to do an ending. And being open ending has nothing to do with whether or not it was a good one.


The last chapters were about tsuna picking a girl, yet they couldn't even get that right, so it was basically a waste of space. Nothing was resolved and tsuna didn't have any character progression throughout the entire manga. We never even got to see future tsuna, what the hell is that?

The future arc was the last time the series was any good, it got terrible after that, its no wonder they never went back to adapt anymore to the anime.


That's your own opinion. I happened to like the Arcs after the future arc. And we all know a shounen series when it comes to different love interests, there is never going to be a canon in order to not anger the other fans. Tell me one shounen series where the main character has multiple love interests and manage to pick one. There is none. The only love interests that become canon is when there is only one love interest, not multiple. And do we really need to see future Tsuna? Just give Giotto brown hair and there we have our Future Tsuna. There's a reason why the first generations look like their tenth generation counterparts....

Nothing was resolved? All the answers were basically answered. The only thing that was left unresolved was Tsuna becoming the tenth, which he said he wasn't going to be from the very beginning and he meant it. The main theme for the first 8 volumes was Tsuna making friends, which he did. I find that resolved enough.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group