Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - SH Figuarts Kamen Rider Meteor




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dessa
Baka RangerBaka Ranger


Joined: 14 Jul 2004
Posts: 2291

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:24 pm Reply with quote
There is no way Ryusei would do that pose with Gentaro.


[edit]

Also, I, for one, have no problem with extra Toku toys being reviewed.

*finishes putting new batteries into her Kamen Rider W Stag and Spider Giji Memories*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Lynx Amali



Joined: 05 Nov 2010
Posts: 743
Location: Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
There is no way Ryusei would do that pose with Gentaro.


I couldn't help but laugh at that for exactly that reason. It's so out of character, it's hilarious.

This makes me want to catch up on Fourze now. (I let it slide off my priorities roughly half way through, slightly after Meteor's introduction.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dessa
Baka RangerBaka Ranger


Joined: 14 Jul 2004
Posts: 2291

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Dessa wrote:
There is no way Ryusei would do that pose with Gentaro.


I couldn't help but laugh at that for exactly that reason. It's so out of character, it's hilarious.

This makes me want to catch up on Fourze now. (I let it slide off my priorities roughly half way through, slightly after Meteor's introduction.)


I love Ryusei... he pretty much saved the series for me. Okay, scratch that. He made the series watchable. I'd avoid going past the conclusion of Meteor's arc. After that it's just crap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
wayne-kun



Joined: 07 Aug 2010
Posts: 88
Location: Kingston, Ontario.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:26 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Lynx Amali wrote:
Dessa wrote:
There is no way Ryusei would do that pose with Gentaro.


I couldn't help but laugh at that for exactly that reason. It's so out of character, it's hilarious.

This makes me want to catch up on Fourze now. (I let it slide off my priorities roughly half way through, slightly after Meteor's introduction.)


I love Ryusei... he pretty much saved the series for me. Okay, scratch that. He made the series watchable. I'd avoid going past the conclusion of Meteor's arc. After that it's just crap.


I don't know man, I think the end to that show is just about perfect, one of the best endings I have ever seen. So emotionally satisfying.

Also, I really dig the tokusatsu stuff Dave does on Astro-Toy, I'd really like to see more of it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
davecabrera
ANN Columnist


Joined: 28 Feb 2010
Posts: 121

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:11 pm Reply with quote
I think by the end Ryusei would do that. Grudgingly.

On Fourze, if you can't stand the level of camp or the fact that the show is too sincere to care how silly it looks I'd say you don't really need to keep watching. That doesn't change.

Another problem is that the best arc of the show is smack in the middle. After they peak and start to feel the obligation to actually resolve the plot, it gets a little more routinely monster-of-the-week and tones down a lot of the shtick. The finale pays it off beautifully.

Anyway, if you like silly stories and direction so campy it's kind of avant-garde, it's a gold mine throughout. The arc about the prom? The arc where JK starts a band with a monster who has guitar powers? The golf episode? So good. I'm looking forward to Kyoryuger like crazy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dtm42



Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 12560
Location: NZL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Don't worry David, we don't blame ya. We know you're doing your best and that it wasn't your fault that the shipping schedule was a bit unfortunate.

You've probably learnt this already, but in the future, it might be wise to hold off announcing something until you've confirmed it has been sent.

Anyway, all this delay means is that the DX Soul of Chogokin Mazinger article will be that much sweeter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group