• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Release Corrections.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:13 am Reply with quote
Excel Saga

Excel Saga - Classic Line
New Release Date: 5/17
Source: http://animecornerstore.blogspot.com/2011/02/funimation-delays-re-release-of-excel.html

Also, I don't know why it's being called a Viridian Collection. It should be labeled a Classic Line.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spoofer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry to have to ask this, but...

Do you have to be an editor or have special permission to submit individual title release information? Since ANN now seems to have a far greater amount of release data than the last time I checked (years ago), I figured I'd finally catalog my collection. However, I'm finding that there are still titles missing here and there.

I found the links to add anime and manga properties, but couldn't for the life of me find any way to submit individual R1 releases... :{ (and I really did spend a lot of time looking, lol)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Only certain people can modify releases - I know I can't at any rate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Only certain people can modify releases - I know I can't at any rate.

I am capable to do so but I avoid fixing North American releases because 1) I don't even live there 2) as the result, there are many sources of information I have no access to (such as the official website of FUNimation) and I'd rather leave it to American editors.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Spoofer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Aside from modifying or editing existing release entries, I was moreso asking if it was possible for me to submit/request entries that don't yet exist. If it were possible, I'd be happy to fill out the forms or whatnot and submit some R1 releases I know to be missing. (and as I said before, I couldn't easily find a link or a form to do so)

If not, I could list them here and someone else could add them if they had the time or inclination? I figured I'd try my hand at contributing before listing them here though (if possible). =x
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:43 am Reply with quote
Fixed the errors reported in this thread
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Stealth annoucement:
I just added a way for regular users to create releases. It would be nice to have some comments about the usability of that new feature.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:56 am Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
Stealth annoucement:
I just added a way for regular users to create releases. It would be nice to have some comments about the usability of that new feature.

In "At the stores below, at which url can we find this disc?", the "url" needs to be capitalized.

And all we do is supply one or more URLs to product pages? There doesn't seem to be a step after that, at least not when one or more stores lack the product (in this case, Oh! My Sex Goddess (anime #8074)).
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:30 am Reply with quote
One purpose of this interface is to prevent duplicate releases by checking the UPC/ISBN. Right stuf, Anime Castle, and Anime Nation often don't contain that information so in those cases you need to submit an url from one of the other stores. Basically you need to submit as many store urls as possible; the "Next" button will only appear once the UPC/ISBN is known.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
One purpose of this interface is to prevent duplicate releases by checking the UPC/ISBN. Right stuf, Anime Castle, and Anime Nation often don't contain that information so in those cases you need to submit an url from one of the other stores. Basically you need to submit as many store urls as possible; the "Next" button will only appear once the UPC/ISBN is known.

I tried it with Love Selection (manga #10066), and it worked. However, the process isn't going to work well with hentai anime releases, since Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Buy.com don't often carry them, which leaves the stores that use the SKU instead of the UPC. Also, please do fix that "url" ASAP.

Edit: How does creating a release affect the number of our contributions?

Edit 2: A lower case "url" also needs to be fixed in "Add as many store urls as you can".

Edit 3: Do book releases not use ISBN-10s?
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:11 am Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
I tried it with Love Selection (manga #10066), and it worked. However, the process isn't going to work well with hentai anime releases, since Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Buy.com don't often carry them, which leaves the stores that use the SKU instead of the UPC.

I've found that Amazon carries pretty much everything, but sometimes you have to search for the UPC; otherwise the title won't come up in the results, especially for out of stock titles. This method may be inconvenient for some releases, but it really *is* necessary to enforce a UPC/ISBN when adding releases.

doc-watson42 wrote:
Edit: How does creating a release affect the number of our contributions?

Each url is counted as a contribution, but does not count towards the monthly total.[/quote]

doc-watson42 wrote:
Edit 3: Do book releases not use ISBN-10s?

ISBN 13 and 10 are interchangeable, so which variant is used is irrelevant.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:51 am Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
doc-watson42 wrote:
I tried it with Love Selection (manga #10066), and it worked. However, the process isn't going to work well with hentai anime releases, since Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Buy.com don't often carry them, which leaves the stores that use the SKU instead of the UPC.

I've found that Amazon carries pretty much everything, but sometimes you have to search for the UPC; otherwise the title won't come up in the results, especially for out of stock titles. This method may be inconvenient for some releases, but it really *is* necessary to enforce a UPC/ISBN when adding releases.

I understand your last point, but even with Oh! My Sex Goddess's UPC I'm still not able to progress beyond the first stage. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop (The only Amazon product page for O!MSG which I was able to find was that of an Amazon Marketplace seller, and I was still unable to find it at Barnes & Noble.)
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:24 am Reply with quote
Are you unlucky or what. That page is one of only 1.7% where the script was not able to extract the UPC. I fixed that 1.7% now.

And Amazon Marketplace pages are perfectly fine. Amazon is Amazon.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
Are you unlucky or what. That page is one of only 1.7% where the script was not able to extract the UPC. I fixed that 1.7% now.

And Amazon Marketplace pages are perfectly fine. Amazon is Amazon.

It works now. Very Happy
Spoofer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:50 pm Reply with quote
I added a few releases to test it out.

On my first manga entry (Tokyo Babylon volume 2) I was unsure if I was supposed to manually add the volume number (inside parentheses) into the text box, as all the listed related releases had them formatted in this fashion. I wasn't aware that the system updated it automatically. So now the title of the release is Tokyo Babylon (GN2) (GN 2). =x My apologies. I got the hang of it after that, heh... Anime smile;;
release#18288

I also noticed a release entry for an Evangelion Death & Rebirth/EoE Movie Combo bootleg. The two weren't legally packaged together in the US until 2005, in different packaging, in a release that's already listed separately on ANN. The only buy link for the suspected bootleg links to Amazon, where the reviews and discussion also indicates it as a bootleg.
release#1602
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000RIYA8S/animenewsnetw-20
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 43