• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Release Corrections.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:43 am Reply with quote
Done
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
aldebaran66

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:00 am Reply with quote
Hello,
The Blu-Ray release The Slayers Evolution-R - The Complete Seasons 4 & 5 (Blu-Ray 1-8) (#19467)
Contains season 5 as shown with the link:
Slayers Evolution-R (TV)(#10305)
But this release also contains season 4:
Slayers Revolution (TV)(#9500)
But this link is not listed and perhaps should be added.
The release narrative on this page correctly states that this release contains both Slayers Evolution (TV) (season 4) and Slayers Evolution-R (TV) (season 5) series. However the title of this release makes the content appear somewhat ambiguous.

A similar situation exists for the DVD release:
Slayers Revolution-R - Seasons 4 & 5 - (Revolution / Evolution-R) (DVD)(#23477)
Where a link to season 4 is listed for the release but season 5 is not listed. (Same article links as for the Blu-Ray release above.)

Thanks!
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Yamada's First Time S.A.V.E. Edition is listed as BD-only, yet both the image and TSRI's page confirm it's BD/DVD.

[edit]While I'm on this project... I've never added releases, so I'm wary of trying it, so I'll just note here that Vexille is missing the DVD Special Edition - S.A.V.E. Edition and BD Special Edition - S.A.V.E. Edition releases.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:11 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
[edit]While I'm on this project... I've never added releases, so I'm wary of trying it, so I'll just note here that Vexille is missing the DVD Special Edition - S.A.V.E. Edition and BD Special Edition - S.A.V.E. Edition releases.

It seems someone already added those. Near as I can tell, Vexille was originally announced in Viridian, but then was actually brought-out under SAVE, which means the correction is both the BD (#14971) needs to be changed from "(Viridian Collection)" and the DVD (#14972) from "- Viridian Collection" to "[S.A.V.E. Edition]". Or maybe FUNi reused the UPC, but I cannot find any sites saying the Viridian Collection actually came out.

And I need someone to tap Fairy Tail Collection 3 (#27438) down into the BD+DVD category/type.
EDIT [to-do]: Likewise for A Certain Scientific Railgun Season 1 (#27441).
EDIT #2 [to-do]: Golden Time BD-1 (#27255) and Golden Time BD-2 (#27510) should both be Region A, or just strip "Region 1" from Collection 1.
EDIT #3 [to-do]: Fairy Tail 14 (#27546) needs to be tapped down into BD+DVD.
EDIT #4: And in a bizarre twist, Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl [Std] (#27647) needs to be tapped-up into Blu-Ray.A with a Sub.Blu-Ray+DVD type.
EDIT #5 [to-do]: A Certain Magical Index movie (#27648) needs moving/changing to Blu-Ray+DVD and light novel 3 (#27649) needs moving from the manga default.
EDIT #6 [to-do]: SAO Progressive novel 2 (#27656) needs to be moved down from manga.
EDIT #7 [to-do]: Kite live-action (#27675) should be moved to the BD+DVD category and type.
EDIT #8 [to-do]: Space Dandy Standard (#27683), Limited (#27682), and Amazon Exclusive-Limited (#27684) needs the category/type to be changed to BD+DVD. As does the Cowboy Bebop - Amazon Exclusive (#27687) set.
EDIT #9 [to-do]: The dubbed version of Leviathan BD (#27691) needs to be moved down into region A.
Chibi Shoujo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Yukarism has been licensed by Viz Media as stated on its ANN page and listed here, but it has not been changed to bold lettering in the index.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Ranma BD set 5 (release #27700) needs to be moved down into Region A.
AOT: Before the Fall novel 2 (#27704) needs to be moved down from graphic novel.
EDIT: Sankarea uncut (#27755) needs to be moved down into BD+DVD.

Last edited by bglassbrook on Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
phillipg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Not sure if this is the right place for this for this to be posted?

Were should this DVD be placed?
http://www.amazon.com/ItaKiss-Complete-Anime-Series-Collection/dp/B00NT9641I
UPC 875707040020

I think this is the DVD for Itazura na Kiss but I'm not sure since Itakiss is not in the Encyclopedia.

Gary
Key

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:27 am Reply with quote
Concerning the above item, only the manga version is listed in the Encyclopedia under ItaKiss. The anime version is only listed under the full name Itazura na Kiss. The linked release is not, at the time of this writing, linked to its Encyclopedia page, either.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:07 pm Reply with quote
The ItaKiss release has already been added. Since that is evidently the official English release title, I've made it the main title in the Encyclopedia.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Spoofer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Any chance that you guys could (somehow) add the Cowboy Bebop - Funimation Exclusive Edition to the Encyclopedia? Obviously no usual store links exist for it, and the Funi store has delisted it (as it's sold out) as well, but it'd still be nice to keep a record of its release and be able to include it in personal collections.

Also, the Amazon Exclusive Edition is listed as DVD-only in the title of the release, its volume information, and in the corresponding DVD category on the Cowboy Bebop page itself, as opposed to listing it as a BD/DVD combo.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:18 pm Reply with quote
It might pop-up on Amazon if someone tries to sell their copy on the marketplace there (the Amazon exclusive has recently shown-up with offers because of this.) An editor can setup the effectively blank entry, but having the UPC would help (looks to be 704400090578 based on the Blu-Ray.com page & a quick web search.) [EDIT] In the interim you could also create a placeholder entry for your list by going to MyAnime, add from Your Categories or beginning with the letter C, selecting Cowboy Bebop, and then use the section at the bottom to create an unlinked release with notes.

The editors have been fairly swamped, which is probably why they haven't gotten to changing the Amazon exclusive edition yet (it's #8 on my list up above.)
Spoofer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:53 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
It might pop-up on Amazon if someone tries to sell their copy on the marketplace there (the Amazon exclusive has recently shown-up with offers because of this.) An editor can setup the effectively blank entry, but having the UPC would help (looks to be 704400090578 based on the Blu-Ray.com page & a quick web search.) [EDIT] In the interim you could also create a placeholder entry for your list by going to MyAnime, add from Your Categories or beginning with the letter C, selecting Cowboy Bebop, and then use the section at the bottom to create an unlinked release with notes.

The editors have been fairly swamped, which is probably why they haven't gotten to changing the Amazon exclusive edition yet (it's #8 on my list up above.)

Ah, I missed your initial post about the Amazon Exclusive above, sorry about that.

Thanks for the info about adding a placeholder as well. There's no way to change the title of the placeholder from "Cowboy Bebop (TV)" to "Cowboy Bebop - Complete Series [Funimation Exclusive Edition]" or whatnot, I imagine? Best I could prolly do is provide that information as a note, but it's not quite the same. =/ Ah well, better than nothing until it (hopefully) can be added.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:52 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:18 am Reply with quote
No Game, No Life novel 2 (#27761) and Spice & Wolf novel 15 (#27762) need to be tapped down from graphic to novel.

On a related side note, can we get the "Yen On" imprint added to the distributor drop-list, coexistent with Yen's UPC-prefix? It feels a bit off to just be lumping them in with all the regular Yen releases. Might need to consider the same for Vertical Comics, depending on how they decide to work things.
Spoofer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:54 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:

Thanks. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 21 of 43