• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Release Corrections.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:17 am Reply with quote
These two entries need moving to the "novel" category:
- A Certain Magical Index vol.7
- The Irregular at Magic High School vol.2
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:33 am Reply with quote
Double Mangekyo wrote:
These two entries need moving to the "novel" category:
- A Certain Magical Index vol.7
- The Irregular at Magic High School vol.2

Fixed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:29 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
As for The Celebration of Haruhi Suzumiya, it might take a little while in order to consider whether the Encyclopedia should put Kyōen (競演), Shukusai (祝祭), and Kenran (絢爛) into three independent entries or just one. Personally I'd prefer separate entries, but before doing so other opinions are welcomed.

I think my original leaning was anthology, but after wading through the entry-vomit that Higurashi has become with all the arcs split, my feelings have soured quite a bit. There is also some precedent with AoT Lost Girls being a single entry (likely others, just happens to be the one I ran across earlier.)

Speaking of AoT Lost Girls, it needs to be moved down to regular novels.
D-Frag! vol. 9 needs the exclamation mark at the end of the name, so it will sort correctly.
EDIT: and Akame ga Kill - Collector's Edition 1 needs to be moved to BD+DVD.

(And thanks to whomever cleaned-up the last big set.)
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:55 pm Reply with quote
So I have a question. Wouldn't it be better if the Death Note - Another Note novel was its own separate entry from the manga?
It was written by NISIOISIN and translated by Andrew Cunningham (as described on Amazon).
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:51 pm Reply with quote
That novel pre-dates the point where were started adding more novels and light novels (and there is also a novel for L Change the World.
While I am not personally again it per se, the main criteria for adding novels is that there are anime and manga that depend from them, which is not the case for a one-shot spinoff like this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:36 am Reply with quote
Death Note standard BD needs to be moved to Region A, to match the Omega/Limited edition.
Buddy Complex and Etotama CE 1 need changing to BD+DVD.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:10 am Reply with quote
Both those combos are sub-only so I've had to apply the old "+DVD" kludge.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, that looks super-kludgey (go ahead, take away the "y" one.more.time. autocomplete....) on the collector's edition. They still both need their type/category changed to match the name, though.

No-Rin, Ga-Rei-Zero SAVE, and Tokyo ESP Limited and Standard all need changing to BD+DVD as well.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:15 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
They still both need their type/category changed to match the name, though.

What do you mean?

The new ones are all done, I believe.
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:13 pm Reply with quote
These need moving to the novel section:
Overlord, vol.1
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong as I Expected, vol.1
No Game No Life, vol.6
And on the subject, does ANN plan to add "novel" and "e-book" options anytime soon? I mean, it would save whoever has to move these releases the trouble...
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
bglassbrook wrote:
They still both need their type/category changed to match the name, though.

What do you mean?

With the shoehorn taken upside Buddy Complex and Etotama to give them Sub.BD+DVD looking appearance on the volume labels, they are still in the BD(A) or DVD categories. Could still use being moved to the BD+DVD category, even if not Sub-only.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:58 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
With the shoehorn taken upside Buddy Complex and Etotama to give them Sub.BD+DVD looking appearance on the volume labels, they are still in the BD(A) or DVD categories. Could still use being moved to the BD+DVD category, even if not Sub-only.

I think being clear that they are sub-only is more important. This technique worked well enough before there was an official BD+DVD category, but since there are no sub-formats for that, this is the workaround I use.

@Double Mangekyo: Done.
I have to laugh at Amazon's attribution for My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong as I Expected:
Quote:
About the Author

Wataru Watari (Author)
Wataru Watari is the author of the ultra popular light novel series My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong as I Expected.

Ponkan 8 (Illustrator)
Ponkan 8 is the illustrator of the hit light novel series My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong as I Expected.

Err... yeah.
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I have to laugh at Amazon's attribution for My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong as I Expected:

Err... yeah.

I don't really get what you mean there... Anyway,
Strike the Blood, vol.2 needs moving to novels with the new title "Strike the Blood - From the Warlord's Empire".
The third novel could use some moving, too. Amazon UK has it with the subtitle "The Amphisbaena"

Last edited by Double Mangekyo on Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Double Mangekyo wrote:
Shiroi Hane wrote:

Err... yeah.

I don't really get what you mean there...

The author/artist description of the book is "this is the author/artist of THIS BOOK". Kinda obvious considering that you're looking at the info for that book.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:10 am Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 28 of 43