• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What are these comikons and other events like?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nokcha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:43 am Reply with quote
I live in Nevada so I've never had an opportunity to visit the festivals and events concerning manga and anime, and everytime I look at the pictures that people take in these events I get curious if it really is fun going to one.

I'm thinking of maybe taking a stroll or a visit to one of these kinds of events so can anyone make a suggestion on any upcoming events that might be suitable for an amateur such as myself?
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Ah, I yearn of appearing at one of these events sometime. It would be interesting to experience what it's like appearing in one of these anime conventions. Smile
Clandescent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Number one, of course, is to go and find an anime convention event near you that has been going on annually for a number of years.

Number two: Make sure you go with a friend (or with friends). Go with people that are familiar or enjoy anime like yourself.

Number three: Make sure you bring a camera so that you don't regret not recording the costumes, the crowds, the merchandise, the posters, the studio booths, artists, artist exhibits, costume stage and music shows.

Number four: don't forget to make sure you have money to buy a meal - believe me, you get so caught up walking around so much you can get tired and very hungry.

Number five: If you have money prepare yourself. There's always a lot merchandise (dvds, Blu-rays, posters, model kits, dolls, and etc.) in the dealers room that one wants to buy.

Number Six: Enjoy the film screenings and production artists and casts events and so on . . . .
bllanosr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:32 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure what part of Neveda you are at but Los Angeles and San Diego are where Anime Expo and ComiCon are located at respectively. Anime Expo was a couple of weeks ago and ComiCon is currently happening this weekend. They're annual events so you can probably plan for it next year. Are those cons close enough to drive for you?

I like Clandescent's list of things to know. I would like to add that at any convention food is extremely over priced. Think of amusement park food prices.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1