• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Oh My Goddess: First End

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoubleWide

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:56 am Reply with quote
This was a good first novel for the series written by the Japanese voice actress for Urd. spoiler[ Keiichi is killed in an accident and causes the collapse of Yggrsdril. The goddesses reset everything, but somethings still go wrong. Who is trying to kill Keiichi again?] I enjoyed it immensely.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Did you find it in a store, or purchase it online? I've been checking local bookstores periodically over the past month and have yet to find a copy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
archaron

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:18 pm Reply with quote
I found it on rightstuf.com for $10.02

Oh My Goddess Novel: First End
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/Gcwp6RBhc-wndfBR=w/browse/item/74968/4/0/-2934

I have been thinking about getting it myself.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:57 pm Reply with quote
I finally did get my hands on it (thanks, Borders 30% off coupons!) and should have a review coming up on it sometime next week. Maybe that can help you make up your mind about it, archaron.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
archaron

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:40 pm Reply with quote
That would be a great help, thanks. I have not gotten into the novel end of things before so I don't know what to expect. I was hoping this would be a good first anime/manga based novel for me.
watchdog210

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:44 pm Reply with quote
I just finshed it about ten minutes ago and I throughly enjoyed it.

It explored an aspect of the OMG universe that I thought could be expanded on a little more in the anime or manga.

A short synopsis. spoiler[Keiichi is killed in a trafic crash and that causes Yggrsdril to crash, takeing with it Heaven, Hell, and all creation. The Goddess do a system reboot but something goes a little wrong. Fate itself is now trying to kill Keiichi, again, to put things right.]

The novel was very well writen but the end left me a little let down. spoiler[To me, it's like the last several years never happened and we are now back to square one.]

I do recomend this book to all OMG fans and look foreward to see if another one comes out.

Overall, a good read. I give it a 7.5 out of 10.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:06 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed it, and I'm glad it wasn't just a pointless "What if?" like the movie, but the author could've really cut back on the stuff regular fans already know about the series. I know you gotta play catch-up for newbs, but that still doesn't mean going into unnecessary details twice, and sometimes three times, in a row.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:06 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed it, and I'm glad it wasn't just a pointless "What if?" like the movie, but the author could've really cut back on the stuff regular fans already know about the series. I know you gotta play catch-up for newbs, but that still doesn't mean going into unnecessary details twice, and sometimes three times, in a row.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1