• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Announces Second Season of Kaleidostar

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lj1958

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:59 am Reply with quote
My 12 year old daughter will be very happy about the news Smile

She's been watching Spiral recently, though, so she's been otherwise occupied.
dojikyo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Professor Genius wrote:
Quote:
Only time will tell. I really hope they pick up season two.

Actually, I asked David Williams about the second half of Super Gals at MetroCon just two days ago, and from what he told me, the series sold so poorly that the only way they'll be getting the rest is if the thinpak release sells well. Here's hoping! Wink

I find it funny (actually I don't) ADV would rather release thinpaks than just lower the price on unpopular dvds. If it is true that ADV overestimated how popular supergals and kaleidostar would be, I assume a lot of stores and probably ADV itself has a lot of dead stock that has to either be sold or destroyed. Shouldn't the thinpaks be used to sell popular series at lower price without penalizing the people who bought the full versions?
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:17 pm Reply with quote
dojikyo wrote:
Shouldn't the thinpaks be used to sell popular series at lower price without penalizing the people who bought the full versions?

The thinpaks will have the lower price, but I'm pretty sure that ADV will also remove the extras out of all or most of these cheap collections. This is so that the people who bought the series earlier on at a more expensive price might not feel cheated or penalized as you say.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:58 pm Reply with quote
SnowfairyX wrote:
dojikyo wrote:
Shouldn't the thinpaks be used to sell popular series at lower price without penalizing the people who bought the full versions?

The thinpaks will have the lower price, but I'm pretty sure that ADV will also remove the extras out of all or most of these cheap collections. This is so that the people who bought the series earlier on at a more expensive price might not feel cheated or penalized as you say.

See, that's where I disagree with the concept. Those of us who pay the higher prices are paying the higher prices because we get to see it first. We have the opportunity and LE boxes and can own it first. We get it right away and don't want to wait to see it. Our reward is getting it before the holdouts do. That's the price of doing business.

Besides, stripping extras means having to go back to the authoring company and re-author the discs. In my mind, it means creating an extra cost where it's not needed.

Personally, I think stripping extras is a bad move since those who didn't pick up the first go round may think twice about buying it at all if the extras are gone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dojikyo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:15 pm Reply with quote
SnowfairyX wrote:
dojikyo wrote:

I guess the last paragraph of my previous post could have been written a little bit better. I meant for the post as a whole to state that the idea of creating thinpaks to sell less popular series is less than ideal because it does little to clear out the existing stock. I'm not completely against the idea of thinpaks, I just think that ADV and Geneon need to work on their estimates.
Joe Arizona

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:33 pm Reply with quote
dojikyo wrote:

ADV itself has a lot of dead stock that has to either be sold or destroyed.

Quote:
the idea of creating thinpaks to sell less popular series is less than ideal because it does little to clear out the existing stock.

ADV is selling Vols. 1,2,4, and 5 right now for $7. The Vol.1 boxset is $9, so there you go Razz

Of course if you already own these, it's too late...
biliano

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Joe Arizona wrote:
ADV is selling Vols. 1,2,4, and 5 right now for $7. The Vol.1 boxset is $9, so there you go Razz

Of course if you already own these, it's too late...

That's only for the 4th of July weekend. Once the holiday is over, ADV will sell them at their regular prices until their next clearance sale, which will be on Labor Day weekend assuming they continue to use the American holidays for their clearance sales.

FYI: I already own all 6 volumes of Kaleido Star so it's definitely too late for me! Wink
YourNeighborTotoro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Announced? Didn't they put a preview for Kaleido Star second season in Newtype USA? Confused In the January issue?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
biliano

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:13 pm Reply with quote
YourNeighborTotoro wrote:
Announced? Didn't they put a preview for Kaleido Star second season in Newtype USA? Confused In the January issue?

Yes they did. It was Episode 29 of the series, when spoiler[Leon Oswald was introduced.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2