Forum - View topic
PR: Digital Manga's Warehouse Liquidation Sale, March 9-10, 10AM to 4PM- Manga and Anime Merchandise




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Chrno2



Joined: 28 May 2004
Posts: 3991
Location: USA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little confused. What part of Digital Manga is actually closing down? And how does this effect the rest of the publisher?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
dragonrider_cody



Joined: 14 Jun 2008
Posts: 1827

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:31 pm Reply with quote
It appears to mean they are either just getting rid of overstock at their warehouse, or they are closing the warehouse and outsourcing their operations to someone else.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sewingrose



Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Posts: 520

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm only about an hour away, I'll totally be going on Saturday! (Need to make a list of all the BL I want to get.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnaphappyFMA



Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 200
Location: California

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:30 am Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
It appears to mean they are either just getting rid of overstock at their warehouse, or they are closing the warehouse and outsourcing their operations to someone else.


Yes, I think this is it. I would hope it doesn't mean any of their retail divisions are being shut down. I think it's overstock being sold.

Sewingrose wrote:
I'm only about an hour away, I'll totally be going on Saturday! (Need to make a list of all the BL I want to get.)


I'm going too. Very Happy I wouldn't miss this...

[EDIT: Please use the Edit button. Do not double post. -TK]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sewingrose



Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Posts: 520

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:03 pm Reply with quote
SnaphappyFMA wrote:

I'm going too. Very Happy I wouldn't miss this...


Perhaps I'll see you there, I'll be there Saturday morning.

Edited: Forgot to delete the extra quoting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnaphappyFMA



Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 200
Location: California

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Sewingrose wrote:
SnaphappyFMA wrote:

I'm going too. Very Happy I wouldn't miss this...


Perhaps I'll see you there, I'll be there Saturday morning.


We should wear nametags like it's an anime convention. LOL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RAmmsoldat



Joined: 19 Oct 2005
Posts: 1111
Location: North wales coast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Bit of a trek for me, that pesky Atlantic ocean gets in the way somewhat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sewingrose



Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Posts: 520

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Bringing this back to the main page for people who hadn't seen the pres release before. I was there sharp at 10 today, and the sale was epic, almost every book was priced at either $1 or $4, and I bought over 50 books for myself. I really recommend anyone who likes BL to stop by and stock up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
poonk



Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 1403
Location: In the Library with Philip

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Sewingrose wrote:
I was there sharp at 10 today, and the sale was epic, almost every book was priced at either $1 or $4, and I bought over 50 books for myself. I really recommend anyone who likes BL to stop by and stock up.
If only I lived anywhere nearby (i.e. not clear across the country), I could've gone to this sale in the morning and still had time to go stalk greet Lee Min Ho at the airport this afternoon. Really, it would've been The Perfect Day.

*is insanely jealous of locals*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sewingrose



Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Posts: 520

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
Sewingrose wrote:
I was there sharp at 10 today, and the sale was epic, almost every book was priced at either $1 or $4, and I bought over 50 books for myself. I really recommend anyone who likes BL to stop by and stock up.
If only I lived anywhere nearby (i.e. not clear across the country), I could've gone to this sale in the morning and still had time to go stalk greet Lee Min Ho at the airport this afternoon. Really, it would've been The Perfect Day.

*is insanely jealous of locals*


That's the thing about being in Southern California, everything takes an hour and a half to get to, but then you can get to everything in an hour and a half. Trains you to enjoy podcasts, audiobooks, and fuel efficient cars.

Then you get home and realize you still didn't get everything you meant to get. -_- This is why you update your shopping lists morning of, people. And by people I mean myself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group