• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Neverwinter Knights

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I don't want to say that the main character in Knights of Sidonia is blander than skim milk, but halfway through the book I realized I was imagining him as a Keanu Reeves character.
danilo07

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:14 pm Reply with quote
I was highly anticipating Knights of Sidonia.In my head it was always a mixture of Blame! and that cool Muse song(and lets not forget that music video,that very awesome music video).Unfortunately from the things I have heard about it ,it doesnt seem to any of those.I still will check the series out but my expectations are down.
Ian K

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Don't worry, KNights of Sidonia is still good. It may be less aggressively weird than Blame was, and it feels very much unfinished, but the world building and art are just as good as you could hope. The enemies especially are very cool and very creepy, and feel more like an actual existential threat than cannon fodder.

I think I just talked myself into buying it.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:37 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
I was highly anticipating Knights of Sidonia.In my head it was always a mixture of Blame! and that cool Muse song(and lets not forget that music video,that very awesome music video).Unfortunately from the things I have heard about it ,it doesnt seem to any of those.I still will check the series out but my expectations are down.

Yes agree. I can't help it. When I hear the title Knights of Sidonia, I think Knights of Cydonia. Somehow I don't think the first is anywhere near as awesome as the later.

Still it makes me wonder if the author is a Muse fan.
Fallen Wings

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:06 am Reply with quote
Quote:
... below the sparkling strata where humans have achieved photosynthesis and new genders.

You mean new sexes or genders? They are two completely different things. One is physical, one is mental and new genders are created all the time so *shrug*.

Seems like it really is on the back of the book ...

http://www.who.int/gender/whatisgender/en/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1