Forum - View topic
General Manga Questions & References Thread


Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ggqt



Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 149

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:12 am Reply with quote
ggqt wrote:
Does anyone know what's up with Deadman Wonderland?

It's been around two and a half months since the last chapter was released. Just wondering if it was canceled or anything.

Thank you in advance


Just in case anyone other than myself cares about Deadman Wonderland. It turns out that the author is pregnant and is taking a brake, So I guess We can expect to not see anything for at least a year depending on how far along she is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
4750G



Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 546

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:20 am Reply with quote
I'm looking for a manga I read years ago, please help me I'm begging you!!!

I suddenly remembered this one chapter where the main male lead (if I'm not mistaken) ran around the whole school in order to get a kiss from the main female lead (if I'm not mistaken). I believe this was orchestrated by another female character, possibly to make fun of the main male lead. It was this female character who decided to make the competition out of the blue. I think it was right after a school event. I'm not quite sure if the prize really is a kiss from the main female lead or something else, like a wish granted or something. Also, the main male lead had a lot of opponents in the said run. I think there was even a girl who ran. This girl who ran I think is either someone else or the main female lead herself. The main male lead ran a shortcut of some sort, and I'm not really sure if he won.

That's all I remember for now, hopefully this is enough!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shuuu



Joined: 09 Jul 2012
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:13 pm Reply with quote
4750G wrote:
I'm looking for a manga I read years ago, please help me I'm begging you!!!

I suddenly remembered this one chapter where the main male lead (if I'm not mistaken) ran around the whole school in order to get a kiss from the main female lead (if I'm not mistaken). I believe this was orchestrated by another female character, possibly to make fun of the main male lead. It was this female character who decided to make the competition out of the blue. I think it was right after a school event. I'm not quite sure if the prize really is a kiss from the main female lead or something else, like a wish granted or something. Also, the main male lead had a lot of opponents in the said run. I think there was even a girl who ran. This girl who ran I think is either someone else or the main female lead herself. The main male lead ran a shortcut of some sort, and I'm not really sure if he won.

That's all I remember for now, hopefully this is enough!


I guess Doradora!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lys



Joined: 24 Jun 2004
Posts: 670
Location: mitten-state

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Shuuu wrote:
4750G wrote:
I'm looking for a manga I read years ago, please help me I'm begging you!!!

I suddenly remembered this one chapter where the main male lead (if I'm not mistaken) ran around the whole school in order to get a kiss from the main female lead (if I'm not mistaken). I believe this was orchestrated by another female character, possibly to make fun of the main male lead. It was this female character who decided to make the competition out of the blue. I think it was right after a school event. I'm not quite sure if the prize really is a kiss from the main female lead or something else, like a wish granted or something. Also, the main male lead had a lot of opponents in the said run. I think there was even a girl who ran. This girl who ran I think is either someone else or the main female lead herself. The main male lead ran a shortcut of some sort, and I'm not really sure if he won.

That's all I remember for now, hopefully this is enough!

I guess Doradora!

Um, I'm not sure what "Doradora" refers to—maybe they meant Tora Dora? I haven't read it, so I wouldn't know if that's the correct series. That description of the scene made me think of an early chapter in W Juliet, involving a sort of obstacle course through the school pool, in which the main guy spoiler[had to disguise himself as a girl (for reasons particular to this series' premise) and get to the main girl, who was at the center of the pool.]

If your series isn't either of these, it would help to know whether you know any additional info (was this a series for guys? girls? I'm more knowledgeable about shoujo manga myself), and maybe whether you read the story in an actual published book, or scans online. Also, there's a different thread that's specifically for identifying manga like you're trying to do; you might have better luck asking there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kruszer
Enjoying the time of EVEEnjoying the time of EVE


Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Posts: 7048
Location: Minnesota, USA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:14 am Reply with quote
I'm looking for someone who's read the Rideback (Ride Back) manga and can answer a question. Does the anime version adapt the whole thing or is there more story? I wish I could solve this one on my own but I don't read Japanese. I should really learn someday.... Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
hyojodoji



Joined: 08 Jan 2010
Posts: 466

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:01 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
I'm looking for someone who's read the Rideback (Ride Back) manga and can answer a question. Does the anime version adapt the whole thing or is there more story? I wish I could solve this one on my own but I don't read Japanese. I should really learn someday.... Sad

 
I read some articles about Rideback, including an interview with the director Takahashi Atsushi.
It seems that the adaptation from the Rideback manga to the anime is 'The very rough outline is retained, but many things have been altered.'
 
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wind_Falcon



Joined: 26 Jul 2012
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Hello everybody.

I wanted to ask if someone knows how the Ghost in the Shell manga published by Titan Books (the new edition) is printed - flopped or unflopped?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
-Ushio-



Joined: 03 Nov 2011
Posts: 37
Location: London

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:49 am Reply with quote
Wind_Falcon wrote:
Hello everybody.

I wanted to ask if someone knows how the Ghost in the Shell manga published by Titan Books (the new edition) is printed - flopped or unflopped?

Thanks in advance.

Yep it's flopped, and is the edited version too.

It's got all the other relevant colour pages though and is comic-book sizes (the other GitS volumes are smaller at A5). Hope that helps. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ianshelfs



Joined: 09 Aug 2012
Posts: 17
Location: MD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Hi I need to know if the following series were published in right to left or flipped left to right. I'm just wondering since they started back when flipping was sometimes done.

Tuxedo Gin
Flame of Recca
Zodiac P.I
Full Moon o Saga shita
Ultra Maniac

I'm almost certain the last two and Recca aren't flipped but I wan't to be sure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
st_owly
Get off my lawn!Get off my lawn!


Joined: 20 May 2008
Posts: 4159
Location: Edinburgh, UK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:57 pm Reply with quote
I don't know about Tuxedo Gin, but the rest are definitely unflipped (right to left)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ZepysGirl



Joined: 14 Jun 2010
Posts: 469
Location: NY, NY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Tuxedo Gin is unflipped, so says my roommate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SereneChaos



Joined: 14 Oct 2011
Posts: 373
Location: Middle of Nowhere, USA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:02 pm Reply with quote
This winter, Yen Press will be releasing Anything and Something by Kaoru Mori. I'm in love with A Bride's Story, so I'm debating buying it. But before I decide, could someone tell me what it is and what's in it? Is it more like an art book, a collection of independent short stories, a fan guide to her series, or all of the above?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
ZepysGirl



Joined: 14 Jun 2010
Posts: 469
Location: NY, NY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Well, the ANN article discussing the license says:
Quote:
Yen Press will release Kaoru Mori's Anything and Something (Shuuishuu, a single-volume collection of short stories and art, in an over-sized hardcover edition similar to its releases of Mori's A Bride's Story. The Japanese publisher Enterbrain first printed the compilation with more than eight of Mori's original stories on February 15. Mori's other manga include Emma, Shirley, and Sumire no Hana.


And Yen Press' website says:
Quote:
At times hilarious, at others heartwarming, this collection of short stories penned by one of Japan’s most talented artists is a perfect addition to any library! A young girl discovers that new glasses give her a whole new perspective on the world, a bunny-girl waitress learns to cope with her male customers with dignity, an introverted art student inspires her fellow club members even as she takes inspiration from them, and more! Fans of Mori will enjoy seeing concept designs and historical notes from her award-winning series, Emma and A Bride’s Story, as well as Mori’s own brand of enthusiastic commentary throughout.


It seems to be a short story book with some extra art and notes about her other series? It should definitely be enjoyable for someone who's already a fan of her stuff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SereneChaos



Joined: 14 Oct 2011
Posts: 373
Location: Middle of Nowhere, USA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the info! I think I'll wait and see some reviews before deciding.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
RAmmsoldat



Joined: 19 Oct 2005
Posts: 1163
Location: North wales coast

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:09 am Reply with quote
I'll get it regardless, im a sucker for good art and she has VERY good art
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 32 of 41

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group