• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Manga Questions & References Thread

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmartins

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:36 pm Reply with quote
I forgot the name of a manhwa manga and it is about about a guy kidnapping his former classes and left them in a large box container. The kidnapper was above them. The pages were like "City of the Dead Sorcerer" pages. Does anyone know what I am talking about?
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:41 pm Reply with quote
dmartins wrote:
I forgot the name of a manhwa manga and it is about about a guy kidnapping his former classes and left them in a large box container. The kidnapper was above them. The pages were like "City of the Dead Sorcerer" pages. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

This is a question for the Identifying Manga thread.
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:01 pm Reply with quote
After finishing volumes 1 and 2, I found out that someone lost the only copy of Natsume's Book of Friends volume 3 that my library has. The rest of the volumes are still in circulation, it's just volume 3 that's missing. Is the story episodic enough that I could skip ahead to volume 4 and come back to 3 later, or should I wait for the library to get another copy (if they do)?
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I remember it being very episodic, so you should be able to skip ahead to volume 4. (I don't have my copies on me to check right now, though.)

You could always watch the few episodes of the anime that cover what happens in the 3rd volume? The anime follows the manga very closely, it should be easy to tell where the 3rd volume's contents begin and end.
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm not really sure if the anime of Natsume's follows the manga in the same order. I think the anime shuffled the story quite abit. But I'm not that sure since it has been ages since I last saw the anime and only read the first two volumes of the manga. Or maybe it was Mushishi?

But anyway, Natsume is an episodic series so it doesn't really matter that much if you skip one volume.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:50 am Reply with quote
Natsume is very episodic so you should have no problem skipping volume 3 and coming back to it later.
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the input everyone. I'll check out volume 4 soon. Smile
TikPandora

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:11 am Reply with quote
I have a question about Ros from Senyuu~

I just finished watching the anime, and have become rather fascinated with Ros's backstory. He is probably one of my most favorite characters of all time. But the thing is, I only seem to know what happened up to the end of the anime, as I can't seem to find out more about him or his past. Does anyone here know what happens with him? I am dying to know if there is any rhyme or reason to him...or if he just exists in the anime.
EricDent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Just curious if anybody has gotten the license to Lucky Star yet?
I really like this manga, and want the rest of the volumes to be released in the US (have all 8 volumes).

I don't like reading on a screen, and would really want it to be in book form.

Also I don't suppose there is a chance that the Strawberry Marshmallow manga could be continued in manga form in the USA?
Not really sure why it got cancelled (unless it was that whole Tokyopop thing). I know there is at least 3-4 more volumes after volume 5 (the last one published in the USA?).

I tried to read a bit of it online, but did not like the use of honorifics that the official manga did not have (mostly the use of san/chan when they are really close friends).
NidhoggRocketman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know if Black Rock Shooter: Innocent Soul has really been licensed? Manga Fox has taken it down, saying it has been licensed, but I can't find anything on google to back up that statement.
MrOtaku

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:51 pm Reply with quote
I recently finished Kiss X Sis, Anime and Manga. I am a Harem type guy and would like your help in finding some harems. I only have a few requests if you want to help me. I'd like the harem to be centered around a guy, I just can't get into harems like Ouran Host Club(No disrespect to fans of it). I've seen and mostly read titles such as Rosario + Vampire, Highschool of the Dead, Sekirei, etc. I don't really mind if the suggestion is ecchi but that's what most harems turn out to be right? Also, if possible suggest ones that are Harem/Action type. Action being anything from Mecha to Martial Arts or etc. Please help if you can! Thanks
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:20 am Reply with quote
Have you read Love Hina? It's a classic harem, and one of the characters practises martial arts. I think you'd probably quite enjoy it. It's just been rereleased by Kodansha so it's pretty easy to get a hold of.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:24 pm Reply with quote
So, the other day, I ordered Kaze Hikaru 1-7 on ebay for $32.50. They haven't arrived yet, but the lot did have vol 5, which is the rare one. So yeah, thought that was a good price. The seller had #9-20 as well and now it's on sale for .... don't want anyone else to know. But pretty damn cheap.
I wanted to wait for 1-7 to come in to make sure I like the series, as I've only heard good things about it, buying this lot would make the overall average I paid for the series $3.68 per volume, which I approve with (I'd be missing 8, but 8 isn't rare, wait til Otakon).
Should I just go for the 9-20? The sale ends in 5 days, I think I'm the only watcher, but I'm also a paranoid sort and it's ebay, could always be bought by someone other than me.

I do remember when I asked about Baby & Me, got the first two volumes, probably my favorite Shojo Beat series thus far. To make an obvious pun, I like Shojo Beat titles off the beaten path, obviously.
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:55 pm Reply with quote
@classicalzawa

Buy the damn set! Kaze Hikaru is one hella underrated series. Its really amazing. There is a reason this series flopped sales-wise, lol being sarcastic here.. It's up there with Basara, Banana Fish, Kenshin, etc.. though in my opinion its better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Dammit dammit dammit, I was going back to buy it after listing some of my own stuff to appease me in that hey, I am going to get rid of stuff! Gone! Dammit, man! Hopefully I can find cheap vols at Otakon then. If I'm lucky, the person won't pay or something and it'll go back up. But it said I was the only watcher Sad That's why I waited for like two hours Sad But more will be listed in due time, I'm sure. I got the rare one, which counts for more, 8+ are all easy pickings (and they're old enough the 10 for $40 booth might have some)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 35 of 45