• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Manga Questions & References Thread

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:33 pm Reply with quote
^ that's why on ebay don't hesitate to get what you want! Even if the item doesn't have watchers or you're the only one watching it its not really safe to assume you'll have time to decide whether you'll buy it or not! Especially if it is Buy it Now! I was watching a buy it now Kekkaishi volumes 20 to 25 for $20 but someone bought it! I was the only watcher! Same goes to Iron Wok Jan complete set for $149 but I let it got away! :/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, I really should know better, I know. Well hopefully my favorite comic shop will have a half off sale this weekend and I can see what they have there (I'm sure they have some volumes of it)
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Hey dude don't forget to check Iron Wok Jan for me alright!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Of course not! Tuesday will work best for me to check, but I might go tomorrow anyway if I feel like. Could always see if they have any Kaze Hikaru (I recalled seeing like v 2 and 3, but a bit water damaged). Come to think of it, I have a coupon for a free book at the used book store, and they had I think 13 last I checked?
vashna

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:27 am Reply with quote
NidhoggRocketman, I'm not sure if Black Rock Shooter: Innocent Soul has been licensed or not. While I haven't heard anything about it, I can't say for sure that it hasn't. For what it's worth I don't usually go by wikipedia, but their article on Black Rock Shooter hasn't listed a licensor yet. If there were one, I would line up to buy it.
saleer757

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:12 pm Reply with quote
I just finished reading chapter 141, So I want to ask is there any other chapters and if there are when is the release dates for them.
PLEASE help me????? Question
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:17 pm Reply with quote
One, what the hell are you reading. Two, if you've read the newest chapter from Weekly SJ, Yen Press, or the other legal outlets, then that's all that can be shared here.
vashna

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Since I'm not sure what you're reading, and like Dessa said we're only permitting individuals to discuss legal streams around here, I thought that it might be helpful to at least give you the official Shonen Jump URL:

http://shonenjump.viz.com/

They'll have each of the major series there, and they update at a rate of generally one chapter a week.
zerozero789

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:15 pm Reply with quote
What is the name of the Spectrobes comics (in japanese) the was released in the Shogaku Sannensei (meaning third grade) magazines in Japan?
arcangel87

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:10 am Reply with quote
I'm look for the name of a manga my friend told me about. Where, beings know as medians ( I think that's the name) tore apart the body of one of their own for giving knowledge to humans, and spread the parts across the world.

People are looking for the parts to get there powers. Also apparently the is a blow up doll called smoking Steve that comes to life.

The main character has the power to control his bones. I think.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:51 am Reply with quote
So, wikipedia tells me D.Gray-Man is 23 volumes long, but also that it stopped due to the author's health. So is it in permanent hiatus status? Was any attempt made to wrap things up in v23, or is it just left permanently hanging like Beet the Vandel Buster is?
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:12 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
So, wikipedia tells me D.Gray-Man is 23 volumes long, but also that it stopped due to the author's health. So is it in permanent hiatus status? Was any attempt made to wrap things up in v23, or is it just left permanently hanging like Beet the Vandel Buster is?

The Amazon Japan site says Volume 24 of D.Gray-man will be released on November 1st.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4088705394/

zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:41 am Reply with quote
Oh, excellent! Well hopefully she'll be wrapping up the series with her health and we won't be left on uber cliffhanger then.
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:31 pm Reply with quote
I see that Viz hasn't published a volume of Crimson Hero is almost 3 years. I'm assuming they've canceled the title, but have they officially said anything about it, like if it's only on hiatus or why it was canceled?
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:03 pm Reply with quote
I haven't heard anything and can't find an official confirmation but given how long it's been since there was a release and how long the Japanese volumes have been available, it definitely looks very cancelled.

Probably safe to assume the usual reason: low sales.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 36 of 45