Forum - View topic
NEWS: Star Driver Film Earns 35 Million Yen in 1st 3 Days




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tanteikingdomkey



Joined: 03 Sep 2008
Posts: 1447

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:59 am Reply with quote
is this strong sales or no? also is anyone in R1 going to pick this up since bandai is dead
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ZeetherKID77



Joined: 17 Jun 2007
Posts: 625

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
is this strong sales or no? also is anyone in R1 going to pick this up since bandai is dead

Probably Aniplex since they're involved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
walw6pK4Alo



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 7751

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I can't say that sounds like strong sales. That's like the budget of a mediocre OVA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tylerr



Joined: 13 Nov 2010
Posts: 180

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:37 pm Reply with quote
i watched the series, it wasn't terrible but its definitively not something i'd go back and rewatch again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ambimunch



Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 1142

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:27 pm Reply with quote
I never liked the series too much :/ It was nicely animated but I felt the ending was kinda slapped on. They didn't explain everything and when some plot twists were revealed the characters kinda accepted them without asking questions and with no hesitation :/

Meh I'm frankly surprised they even made a movie for the show. Hopefully it actually continues the story and fixes all the loose ends
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nandosagi



Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:08 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the series, so I'm hoping some spoilers will come out sooner rather than later. I don't hold out hope for a Western release of this film, at least not a readily accessible one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ambimunch



Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 1142

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Nandosagi wrote:
I enjoyed the series, so I'm hoping some spoilers will come out sooner rather than later. I don't hold out hope for a Western release of this film, at least not a readily accessible one.


aniplex or sentai might make it a sub only release
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nandosagi



Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Nandosagi wrote:
I enjoyed the series, so I'm hoping some spoilers will come out sooner rather than later. I don't hold out hope for a Western release of this film, at least not a readily accessible one.


aniplex or sentai might make it a sub only release


I've been hoping for some time that Sentai would license rescue it (and Gosick, for that matter, which Bandai never got to releasing) so they would be more readily available to Western audiences. So yeah, that's about the one way I could see the Star Driver film ever being released here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group