• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: CPM Acquires Otaku Unite

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RX-78

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:04 pm Reply with quote
I watched this when it debuted at otakon last year. It was fun to watch with others and i am happy ill be able to pick it up for my self. It was supprisingly good, which worked good as a independent film. CANT WAIT Exclamation
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:06 pm Reply with quote
RX-78 wrote:
I watched this when it debuted at otakon last year. It was fun to watch with others and i am happy ill be able to pick it up for my self. It was supprisingly good, which worked good as a independent film. can't WAIT Exclamation

^^;; That... will probably make you the 4th person on the planet who would actually buy it. Sure, it's interesting, and I gave it a positive review, but it's one of those things I feel you'd watch once at a con, have fun, and then forget it existed. Because well, it's outdated and kinda lame. But hey, that's just me.
Hunter Sopko

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:12 am Reply with quote
Quote:
^^;; That... will probably make you the 4th person on the planet who would actually buy it. Sure, it's interesting, and I gave it a positive review, but it's one of those things I feel you'd watch once at a con, have fun, and then forget it existed. Because well, it's outdated and kinda lame. But hey, that's just me.

Sorta the same process of meeting new people at cons<G>
Cassandra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:02 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:

I'll agree with Bamboo here. We pre-screened it at the first KosaiKon event before it was completely finished and it seemed pretty cool. At the next event, we screened the finished version of it. (Though we were taken off their 'screening log' schedule thanks to the Philadelphia Film Festival wanting to be the premiere...it still technically premiered at KosaiKon.) It's OK if you're watching it with a group of people and you know who the people on-screen are. (I know I spent a lot of time trying to tell my husband who the various people were.) But if you don't really know who the people are or how they have contributed to the anime world (or at least the US side of the anime world)...I dunno that it would be all that interesting.

And I kinda wonder if they're keeping the Kaiju Big Battel commercial in the 'official' DVD.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1