• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Sakura Miku Bean Jam Buns Celebrate the Coming of Spring

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:23 am Reply with quote
Fami, fami, fami, fami, famimartu Very Happy
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Thats awesome "spring spirit". I too can't wait for spring, hate the snow and the cold D:
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:13 am Reply with quote
Talking about snacks and warmer weather:

"Canadian Student in Japan Ruins Delicious Snack for the Entire Country"

• Gomu Yokki Aisu (Ice Cream Filled Rubber) is an age-old frozen treat in Japan. As the name suggests it’s a balloon filled-up with ice cream which is gradually sucked out from one end when cut or chewed off.

Enjoyed by young and old, it’s a relatively clean way to serve up some ice cream on a hot day.

And I will never eat one again thanks to a young woman named Sharla who pointed out something that should have been painfully obvious to everyone in Japan in her video titled Japanese Condom Ice Cream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2A002Em8Yw

That got so controversial that they turned Youtube embedding and comments off and had to make a response video. Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLuC1_3ptYg

The more you know....................
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:44 am Reply with quote
The very thought that that product has been on sale in Japan for as long as it was until a pair of kanojo gaijin had to point out the glaring obvious to the rest of the outside world just highlights 2 things about Japanese culture. 1) it's naivety of the outside world, and 2) the exploitation of that naivety by unscrupulous companies who propably do know and trying it on and then getting away with it for that long. I pissed myself at her reponse video statement, " it's not a condom, but it's made from the same material as a condom and shaped like a condom". So if something is made by the same process and from the same materal, walks and quacks like a duck, it's not a duck? I can see the scene in the board room of that company that sold this to the public. "Looks like the games up guy's, we've been sussed." "Well it was great fun and made us lots of money anyway while it lasted, now what can we come up with to replace it?" Thing is I'd never buy another product from them ever again. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1