• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Kill Me Baby TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Makes me glad I didn't watch this streaming, since I prefer the physical media. Smile

One thing....Y u no license Nanoha series, Dog Days series, and Familiar of Zero series?!
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
One thing....Y u no license Nanoha series, Dog Days series, and Familiar of Zero series?!

For Dog Days, I assume it's because Nanoha failed in the US, and apparently it failed so miserably that anything even SLIGHTLY related to it is verboten.
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:07 pm Reply with quote
I've only seen a small selection of it, but it was decent.

Also, the fact that this is apparently getting dubbed give me hopes that Girls und Panzer will get the same treatment.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Kohii

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:08 pm Reply with quote
They dub this failure of a show and not Papakiki? Sheesh
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Well that cool it was pretty funny
Wakazhi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:20 pm Reply with quote
What stood out to me was the surprising amount of effort done in the voice acting (specifically Yasuna's voice actor) versus the production quality of the show. Since this is based on a 4-coma gag manga, I can easily forgive the low budget animation. This show was really stupid but somehow hilarious to me at the same time.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Dark Absol wrote:
Makes me glad I didn't watch this streaming, since I prefer the physical media. :)

Sentai Filmworks already has the license for the fourth and final season of The Familiar of Zero. The chances of them rescuing the license for the first and getting the licenses for the two remaining seasons should be high.

On the subject of Nanoha, I've always been under the impression that its commercial failure in the North American market was due to the fact that it was one of the last licenses acquired by Geneon before it ceased operations in North America.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quote
This title was far from a favourite of mine, but it had the occasional moment or two. I especially adored ninja girl Agiri Goshiki who was perfectly seiyuu'd by Ai Takabe. I may buy this just for that.
jymmy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:50 pm Reply with quote
I liked the show, I'd buy if there were a Blu-Ray release.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Saddened but not surprised that Sentai didn't give this a BD release. I thought if they dubbed something it was BD guaranteed, but oh well. I wonder if this will be priced cheap like Kurenai and Zettai Karen Children or if the dub inclusion means the retail price will be $50+ like HSotD.

Anyways, I wanted to watch this when it aired but nowhere was streaming it. I'll check it out if they add it to Hulu or Netflix to see if it's any good. I hope it does really well. There are a lot of shows that were ultra flops in Japan that I think could do well over here if someone brought them out *stares at Real Drive and Mitsudomoe*. Maybe if this does well it'll make someone else interested in stuff in a similar situation.

Last edited by Mr. sickVisionz on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Sentai is starting to worry me. They haven't announced licenses of anything I like in a long time. And this is coming from someone who owns the majority of the ADV and currently released Sentai/Section 23/ Japan Maiden catalog.

There are still some decent shows that are unlicensed, yet they keep licensing shows that I honestly dont see how they even made it in Japan.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Panzer Vor wrote:
On the subject of Nanoha, I've always been under the impression that its commercial failure in the North American market was due to the fact that it was one of the last licenses acquired by Geneon before it ceased operations in North America.

Considering the show's progeny, Nanoha is probably worth another look.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:11 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Sentai is starting to worry me. They haven't announced licenses of anything I like in a long time. And this is coming from someone who owns the majority of the ADV and currently released Sentai/Section 23/ Japan Maiden catalog.

There are still some decent shows that are unlicensed, yet they keep licensing shows that I honestly don't see how they even made it in Japan.

Yet despite your tastes, they're still licensing plenty that others like. Colorful is coming out relatively soon, and that one met with some critical praise. There isn't even any remotely resembling a pattern to their licenses, they just grab whatever, from any genre, for any demographic. If it looks profitable and is cheap, they seem to go for it.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:17 pm Reply with quote
kill me baby anime going to get a dub?

really ok sure all we need now is 6 or 7 voices only for it.

wonder who sentai to cast for yasuna, sonya, high ninja, unused characters, & etc voices.

i know this is going shortest list of dub cast voice ever when the dub arrive.
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:25 pm Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
kill me baby anime going to get a dub?

really ok sure all we need now is 6 or 7 voices only for it.

wonder who sentai to cast for yasuna, sonya, high ninja, unused characters, & etc voices.

i know this is going shortest list of dub cast voice ever when the dub arrive.

I barely even know the show, but if I had to guess, Luci Christian would probably be Sonya.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5