• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
IP Ban needed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Why has ProudAsian[insertrandomnumberhere] not had an IP ban yet? I'm counting his, what, 4th, 5th account by now? His racist bullshit is getting old, and I'm tired of seeing new accounts of his each week.

He claims that "all Asian IPs" would have to be blocked, because he won't use "western IPs and proxies". Unless there's a problem with people being unable to access from certain areas of Asian, if he's using a proxy, just ban the range that the proxy he's using has.

He's a racist jackass, who keeps spouting the same, inaccurate and flat-out wrong racist bullshit every week. Heck, I've had Japanese seiyuu and creators tell me, unprompted, how much they love my cosplay of their characters. Ikue Ohtani even insisted she try on the head of my Pikachu costume! He's wrong, he's racist, and he's getting far past the point of offensiveness, posting the same crap over and over again.

He needs to be gotten rid of permanently.

If you need help with banning ranges of IPs, I can get ahold of my manager, since he was able do the same for a group we were having problems with on the forum I admin. I believe the final count was 15-20 accounts for a single user, who refused to accept banning.
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Yes please. Anything that can be done to rid us of this hateful loser and his muck.

Is there some process for petitioning that a locked thread be permanently removed from the forum? It grates on me even to see the stupid titles appearing on the list of threads and be reminded of their existence.

(I wonder where the hell his "Asian" IP addresses are, anyway. Probably turns out he's Kuwaiti or something.) Laughing
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:26 pm Reply with quote
ailblentyn wrote:
Is there some process for petitioning that a locked thread be permanently removed from the forum? It grates on me even to see the stupid titles appearing on the list of threads and be reminded of their existence.

I usually wait a couple of days so the author can see why it was locked. But in this special case, I can abide with a quicker cleanup..
Rhyono

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:04 am Reply with quote
I think we should make "ProudAsian" with any number after it an inappropriate username. Then he won't be able to figure out how to rejoin!
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:38 am Reply with quote
Thanks, Tony!
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Given that his posts generally come from a larger IP range than just a single IP we don't want to ban them outright since it may end up banning someone else in the process. I don't believe we're at liberty to discuss his IP's country of origin, but I will come out and say that while it is an Asian IP in that general region, it is neither Japanese, Korean, or Chinese or any of the major players in the area.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:49 am Reply with quote
We already know he's not East Asian but instead is some kind of Indonesian or other very South East Asian. He has a very dark complexion and his facial structure is nothing like East Asianers. If anything, he's just a braindead delusional hypocritical idiot. He's posted images of himself compared to Sasuke from Naruto, and he's convinced they're a match.

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Very_proud_to_be_an_asian (NSFW, or those sensitive to colorful speech)
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:57 am Reply with quote
Could something similar to the issue people have in the "New to the forums, can't post?" thread be deliberately invoked, so that his posts can be stopped before they even make it to the board?
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:52 am Reply with quote
It's not like he is causing major damage. By now most should know that he is a troll and shouldn't take his threads seriously. As long as the mods keep locking his threads and banning his accounts he will grow tired at some point.

I feel like mods might as well remove any posts insulted users post in his threads so he won't have time to enjoy reading through the posts of users he has succesfully trolled. I feel like the troll has won any time someone even responds to a troll, whether the person responding feels affected by the insults or not. If his threads get zero replies and instant locks, he will grow tired soon enough. If no one is interested in his opinions then he won't feel like sharing them. But like I said he will grow tired at some point and I for one find his threads rather amusing. He must be a quite a character in real life.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:15 am Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
Could something similar to the issue people have in the "New to the forums, can't post?" thread be deliberately invoked, so that his posts can be stopped before they even make it to the board?

Not really, since that system is influenced by specific triggers and behavior that generally clearly indicates a poster is a spambot. It would be hard to set it up to filter his posts without greatly increasing the odds of false positives that impact other users as well.

Best you can do is simply don't respond to his comments, report his posts and let the staff clean it up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Dear Dessa,

I've been reading up about this guy called "ProudAsian" whatever-he's-called. And from what I've been hearing,this guy sounds like a real creep. While I admit that I can be annoying at times,I at least,try to contribute something intelligent. Not "ProudAsian"Pinhead. This cretin seems to spout inane twaddle while saying or contributing nothing that's even remotely intelligent or worthwhile.
For example,I've been hoping to repost a thread called "Fictional Immigrants to the United States in anime." It's about fictional characters who emigrate to the United States in anime. Now,I know those are rare and I might annoy some people if I tried to post that here again,but I like to hear what other people have to say about what I post.

That doesn't seem to be what "ProudAsian"Moron seems to be about. From what I've heard of him,he seems to be a pathetic neanderthal,pounding insulting garbage from his computer simply to demean others for his own amusement. I doubt I'd want this imbecile responding to anything I wrote.
Now,I've never seen you cosplay,and I don't do that myself,but if Japanese seiyuu and those who create this stuff like what you do,then don't take what this dimwit says to heart. If Ikue Ohtani herself wants to wear the head of your Pikachu costume,then you should be proud of that. Let that piece of pond scum stew in his own uselessness.

I'll tell you this. If "ProudAsian"Loser or that clown who used to accuse American animators of ripping off anime ever came on anything I ever posted,I give those slimeballs the verbal lashing that those creeps have been needing for a long time now. Those two are loathsome pieces of swill who need to be taken down a peg or two.
If you want,you can either post pictures of yourself cosplaying or quote whatever this lowlife has said to you. I like to tell this creep what I think of him. You're probably a good cosplayer. You'd have to be,if someone like Ikue Ohtani would want to wear something you made. You should be proud of that.
As for "ProudAsian"Lowlife,I hope I never meet him. I'd proudly and happily tell him what I'm telling you,Dessa. That you're a much better person than he is and that he should slink off to the ooze from which he was spawned from. I may annoy people and I don't mean too,but I don't take pleasure from being an utter jerk. I hope to talk to you later and you deserve a lot more from life than reading the unintelligent trash of a loser like "ProudAsian"Dipstick. See you later.

Signed,
Snomaster1

Last edited by Snomaster1 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:04 am; edited 3 times in total
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:15 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't aware Proudasian is now trolling ANN. Mad This guy is pissing me off on Youtube saying that westerner is racist for cosplaying as anime characters. He even said US atomic bomb against Japan is a crime against humanity yet he defended Japan's Rape of Nanjing and comfort women. He even said the communist killing in Asia is justified and praise the regime for killing their own people (that include China's cultural revolution which killed millions of people, and Khmer Rouge's Killing Field). He even went too far to praise the June 4th massacre saying the regime was in the right to kill protestors. He even said Asian killing Asian is better then American killing Asian. He attack Israel and jewish people yet he defended China's repression on Tibet. This guy is an example of Asian supremacy and the worse of all, this guy is probably not even Asian. He said Asian born outside of Asia are traitors yet he failed to explain about how some of famous K-pop group had Asian Americans in them like Girls Generation had Jessica, Tiffany, and Sunny being born in US and are the key to make SNSD popular around the world. How does he explain Hikaru Utada (being born in the US) being successful in US and Japan. What about some HK stars that are not 100% full blooded Asian that do well in HK like this singer/actress, Karen Mok. He didn't even bother to explain those.

Yeah do something about Proudasian, but be careful, he could use other mean to troll ANN. He's annoying enough, but this guy is hypocritical and thinking he's living in his own world.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:44 am Reply with quote
You know, I don't think there's really such a thing as Asian supremacists in Asia. In Japan you'll find some Japanese supremacists. And in China you'll find some Chinese supremacists (and/or Han supremacists). But the thing is, both of those groups really HATE each others' guts. You'll never find a bigot who thinks Japanese and Chinese are equals within the large "Asian" family. You only have outsiders, like this ProudAsian guy, who take their Asian fetish too far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:39 am Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
You know, I don't think there's really such a thing as Asian supremacists in Asia. In Japan you'll find some Japanese supremacists. And in China you'll find some Chinese supremacists (and/or Han supremacists). But the thing is, both of those groups really HATE each others' guts. You'll never find a bigot who thinks Japanese and Chinese are equals within the large "Asian" family. You only have outsiders, like this ProudAsian guy, who take their Asian fetish too far.

Yes I'm aware of that. But ProudAsian either doesn't know it or just pretend in his world that Chinese, Japanese, or any East Asians are "equal" (well there are time he said Filipinos are not considered Asian despite the Philippines is part of Asia). Also the reason why I used Asian supremacists on him because I couldn't come up with anything that describe ProudAsian, so Asian supremacist would be the perfect description for that dude. Also it's not only ProudAsian I used the term Asian supremacists on.

You know how when Hollywood/US remake Asian films, it would cause backlash and criticism but yet when Asia remake American films, the same group of people never attack Asia or stay silent when Asia remake American films. When Japan announced they were going to remake the oscar-winning American film, Unforgiven. There was no backlash from the same group of people that attack Hollywood for remaking Asian films. It's like they gave Japan a free pass from backlashes and criticisms when they remake a great American films like Unforgiven. As a matter of fact, Asia has been remaking American films for the last few years and I have not seen people that attack Hollywood for remaking Asian films attacking Asia for remaking American films, that's a sign of pro-Asian bias is playing a role in bashing Hollywood for remaking Asian films. That is also another time I used Asian supremacists to describe people that attack Hollywood for remaking Asian films, but not attack Asia for remaking American films.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:11 pm Reply with quote
I can't think of a more successful troll than not only creating troll threads that run for multiple pages but also getting other people to do the job for him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2