• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North Carolina's Animazement to Host Mushi-Shi Director

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kurohei

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:13 am Reply with quote
That's cool. I never make it to any conventions, but Ryusei Nakao is a pretty cool guy from the youtube videos I've seen.
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:38 am Reply with quote
Hmm... If only we got one of these guys here for a UK event, well a London one being more specific... >_> We have had a handful or so mangaka and animation producers/directors in the recent past, but none I'm anticipating like these two.

Nakao (pictured below left) is a veteran voice actor known for his role as Dragon Ball Z's Freeza. His other roles include Bleach's Kurotsuchi Mayuri, Jing: King of Bandits's Kir, One Piece's Caesar Clown, the Anpanman films' Baikinman, and Touch's Isami Nishimura. Nakao also appeared at Animazement in 2011.

Finally. I always thought One Piece, often called a successor of Dragon Ball was missing out by having Nakao assigned to only a filler villain (okay) and canon movie antagonist (funny but still awesome). Bleach got Nakao on Mayuri. Need to get back into the show.
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:01 am Reply with quote
Hmm I hope more information about The Flowers of Evil gets revealed there and that somebody asks about a rumor for Mushishi season 2.
PansyWansyLinsy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I hadn't even realized that Raleigh held anime conventions. Usually stuff like that is found on the West coast. Now I'm seriously considering going, but only if there are booths for manga.
SpikesGrrl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:42 pm Reply with quote
PansyWansyLinsy wrote:
I hadn't even realized that Raleigh held anime conventions. Usually stuff like that is found on the West coast. Now I'm seriously considering going, but only if there are booths for manga.

Yes Animazement is the oldest anime con in North Carolina, I am from NC and I have gone to Animazement. In fact North Carolina has I think 5 anime cons throuhout the state, but I only go to 2, Ichibancon in Charlotte and Animazement.

Mary
PansyWansyLinsy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:54 pm Reply with quote
SpikesGrrl wrote:

Yes Animazement is the oldest anime con in North Carolina, I am from NC and I have gone to Animazement. In fact North Carolina has I think 5 anime cons throuhout the state, but I only go to 2, Ichibancon in Charlotte and Animazement.

Mary

Is it worth going to in your opinion? What are the manga booths like? I've never been to one before, and to be honest, I'd probably have trouble finding anyone else to go with me, lol. But I wouldn't mind going by myself just to check out manga if publishers are putting out samples of items that have yet to be released for purchase.
madokachan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:20 pm Reply with quote
This will be my first time going to animazement and first time cosplaying (super sailor saturn and yuno gasai) but from what I hear it is better than ichibancon which I went to in 2012 (only spent a full day there but got out of it all I needed). I just moved to Durham a couple years ago and am so glad I found COUP, a large anime club at UNC Chapel Hill that accepts outsiders.
SpikesGrrl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:02 pm Reply with quote
PansyWansyLinsy wrote:
SpikesGrrl wrote:

Mary

Is it worth going to in your opinion? What are the manga booths like? I've never been to one before, and to be honest, I'd probably have trouble finding anyone else to go with me, lol. But I wouldn't mind going by myself just to check out manga if publishers are putting out samples of items that have yet to be released for purchase.

well they don't have any of the manga publishers say like Viz there I think they only go to the cons on the west coast or the big ones say like New York Comic Con and Otakon here in the east coast , but they do sell manga at the dealers booths in the dealers room. I think its worth going to it, I had fun going

Mary
TG72

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:00 pm Reply with quote
All but the shimasen player are return guests and we're glad to have them back! Kyle Herbert especially has been missed. Expecting other guests will be announced and it'll be another great year for Animazement Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1