• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Pet Shop of Horrors: Tokyo GN 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryusui

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Loved the first series, hated Tokyopop's treatment - the random F-bombs, untranslated Japanese and misrendering Leon's last name pretty much underscored everything I hate about them. Razz

Please tell me their work on the second series is a marked improvement. Anime cry;
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Wait, is this a shojo horror manga? Because I didn't know that this was a shojo manga Shocked
thrudd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:26 am Reply with quote
I'm not that disappointed with this new serialization but then again I didn't expect all that much to begin with. I was expecting a car crash but got a train wreck instead.

The original series started off well as a horror but eventually went into a downward spiral with all sorts of logical errors and inconsistencies or outright contradictions in the characters and their motivations. This just takes a whole new tangent into the absurd as already pointed out by our reviewer.

I am surprised it got as high a rating as it did, source notwithstanding.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1