• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Battle Girls Gone Wild

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm with yurihellsing. I've been collecting manga since Tokyopop's MIXX days and I absolutely hate omnibuses and how the industry is turning to them. Anytime I hear a manga is getting an omnibus only release I cringe, especially if it's by a company with inconsistent spines like Darkhorse. Thankfully I've owned everything they already have released in terms of CLAMP, so I haven't been forced to buy one yet. To me they're the equivalent of buying the cheap omnibuses of novels for a book series you sometimes find in Barnes and Noble's discount piles. Then again I'm told I'm a book snob, but you sort of become one when you work in the book seller industry long enough, and you know when a publisher is just looking for a quick buck.

But when you get down to it is a personal preference for book nerds who like how books look on their shelves, and have an inkling to what makes a book of value to collectors, so I suppose there are some out there that like how those things called omnibuses look.

And I have an e-reader too but I will never buy a digital copy of something over a physical copy, especially if the digital is about the same price for a physical copy. Screw that. If I must die, I want to die from an avalanche of books.
DeathScytheRuler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:13 am Reply with quote
Re-imaging historical figures into big breasted (and usually half naked) women has never been appealing to me. I think its just creepy.
ChronoRic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:20 am Reply with quote
Nice shelves, I see a lot of Mega Man. Awesome.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:50 pm Reply with quote
DeathScytheRuler wrote:
Re-imaging historical figures into big breasted (and usually half naked) women has never been appealing to me. I think its just creepy.

It'd be even funnier when the Japanese can trace their ancestors to the samurai. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4