• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Harder and Harder to find Manga

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:51 pm Reply with quote
The original Eureka Seven series seems to be harder to track down than I thought. Managed to find a reasonable offer on Ebay but they are missing a volume Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:15 pm Reply with quote
What volume are you missing? I'll check my usual sources for you
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:17 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:
Hey, hey, I found Parasyte volume 2 at my local comic shop today, so woohoo about that!

So all I need are volumes 3 and 5.

My mother needed an excuse to get out the house while visiting my grandmother and mentally handicapped aunt after my great aunt’s estate sale (such interesting times), so I asked her to take me to the Barnes & Noble on the eastern shore.

I found a copy of volume #5 of the Kodansha release of Parasyte there. Let me know if you still need it.

It was the only odd-numbered volume there. Manga is weird.

I also bought Les Adams and Akhil Reed Amar's The Bill of Rights Primer: A Citizen's Guidebook to the American Bill of Rights, but you don't care about that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crisha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:23 am Reply with quote
Hey, st_owly, there's no need to search further for volume 5, if you haven't found it yet! I'll grab it from SA.

So go ahead and PM me the charges whenever you're ready.

Thank you!
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:30 am Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:

It was the only odd-numbered volume there. Manga is weird.

When I was looking in York, they had 2,4,6 and 8 of Parasyte :S

More importantly, welcome back SA!! Very Happy
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:43 am Reply with quote
SA! YOU'RE BACK!!!! Very Happy

classicalzawa wrote:
What volume are you missing? I'll check my usual sources for you

It's volume 5 I have found a reasonably priced on on Ebay but I haven't double checked the language.
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:55 am Reply with quote
I'll check my sources too.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Now that I've spontaneously started enjoying and therefore collecting Real, I want to look into Slam Dunk (I have Real 1-12, let's just get that out of the way). The only problem is, I don't want to start something with 4 volumes hard to get, specifically 9, 12, 13, and 16. Now, I see on a trade site someone I do trade with fairly often has 9 listed, so it's 12, 13, and 16 that are going to be the problem children here. I don't want to even attempt to collect without those volumes, which is probably stupid because this is a sports manga and my history with those is spotty. Maybe I should order v 1-5 online for cheap first then make up my mind? What do you guys think. I'll probably check the other comic shop soon enough, see if they have it (I don't mind full price this time, though I think I automatically get 10% off there at least). But do I order 1-5 to test run or secure the toughies?
BrokenByDefault

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:13 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure Viz has announced on Twitter that they have plans to reprint the missing volumes of Slam Dunk this year, judging by this thread. So that might be something to keep an eye on before you go hunting for those hard to find volumes.

Also, there's not enough love out there for Real, that's for sure!
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:30 am Reply with quote
They reprinted a bunch of volumes not too long ago and as has been said viz have been on a real reprint kick of late so a lot of stuff has been creeping back into sane price land.

I've finally got around to reading the volumes of slam dunk I've been hoarding and have been enjoying it so far but not as much as I've enjoyed the couple of volumes of REAL i have, has to be said.
BrokenByDefault

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:44 am Reply with quote
With all these reprints, I'm hoping they'll have plans to reprint volumes 4 and 6 of La Corda D'oro with the release of the new anime season. I've been trying to find them for a while now. I can find sets of volumes 1-4, but nothing for volume 6 aside from some complete sets, but I don't know if I'll like the series enough to justify buying the whole set at once.
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:21 am Reply with quote
BrokenByDefault wrote:
With all these reprints, I'm hoping they'll have plans to reprint volumes 4 and 6 of La Corda D'oro with the release of the new anime season. I've been trying to find them for a while now. I can find sets of volumes 1-4, but nothing for volume 6 aside from some complete sets, but I don't know if I'll like the series enough to justify buying the whole set at once.

I will probably be able to find you it, but shipping from the UK to Oz may cost you almost as much as the book itself. Let me know if you want me to look.
BrokenByDefault

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:28 am Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
I will probably be able to find you it, but shipping from the UK to Oz may cost you almost as much as the book itself. Let me know if you want me to look.
That would be fantastic, thank you! I should be able to get the rest of the volumes for retail price quite easily, so I don't mind having to pay a little extra for shipping for these ones if you can find them. Smile
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:17 am Reply with quote
BrokenByDefault wrote:
st_owly wrote:
That would be fantastic, thank you! I should be able to get the rest of the volumes for retail price quite easily, so I don't mind having to pay a little extra for shipping for these ones if you can find them. Smile

No worries then. I'll check Glasgow and Newcastle when I'm there next week, as I seem to remember they both had most if not all of the volumes there Smile

Are you wanting me to look for 4 and 6, or just 6?
BrokenByDefault

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:26 am Reply with quote
If you can find both 4 and 6 that would be fantastic, thanks again! Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 63 of 76