• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Harder and Harder to find Manga

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:32 am Reply with quote
Good to hear reprints planned. Maybe I'll just hold off on the whole thing til then. Any idea if they plan to reprint the Vagabond Bigs? I checked my v1 and it said it's been printed at least 3 times, yet 2-4 are in that difficult place. I saw 2 at my local B&N, but 3 and 4 man... I'd like to continue the series but I don't want to continue the series in singles, I want to find those, dammit!

What else do they plan to reprint?
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:30 am Reply with quote
While the vagabond vizbigs haven't been mentioned i do find that the vizbigs in general get reprinted every so often.
CheechMonger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:03 pm Reply with quote
I've had the Viz Big editions of Vagabond 3 and DBZ 9 on order from TRSI since last October. At one point about a month ago, instead of the release date on the product page, they had a reprint date of March 31, 2014. Since we're past that date, it's changed back to the original release date and my copies are still on order. Not sure if that means they were really reprinted or if that was just a placeholder date.
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Just asking you guys regarding Boys Over Flower. Since I wanted to collect it, which volumes are the hardest to find that I should try to get first.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Due to my extreme luck, I have two copies of the sole Kino no Tabi novel Tokyopop released up for trade. This is the third copy I've found since I'm keeping one!
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:12 am Reply with quote
two of em? how did that happen?
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:02 pm Reply with quote
RAmmsoldat wrote:
two of em? how did that happen?

#1-my favorite comic shop, found a nice hidden cove of manga they were starting to hoard for a convention or something. Half off ($4)
#2-used book store, had a section of consignment stuff. $3
#3-library's annual sale. $3

I think I also found these all in less than a year.
RightStufSpecialsMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:35 am Reply with quote
CheechMonger wrote:
I've had the Viz Big editions of Vagabond 3 and DBZ 9 on order from TRSI since last October. At one point about a month ago, instead of the release date on the product page, they had a reprint date of March 31, 2014. Since we're past that date, it's changed back to the original release date and my copies are still on order. Not sure if that means they were really reprinted or if that was just a placeholder date.

It means that it is now after March 31. Smile I'll check and see if we need to update that reprint field to a later date or if the books are on their way.
CheechMonger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:25 pm Reply with quote
RightStufSpecialsMinion wrote:
CheechMonger wrote:

It means that it is now after March 31. Smile I'll check and see if we need to update that reprint field to a later date or if the books are on their way.

That would be cool, thanks Smile
BrokenByDefault

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:08 pm Reply with quote
I came into some extra cash yesterday after a concert was cancelled, so I decided to bite the bullet and bid on a complete set of La Corda D'oro and won. Thanks for the help, everyone! Very Happy

EDIT: Viz announced on their Shojo Beat Facebook page, that with the completion of the Hana Kimi 3-in-1 volumes, the single volumes are now considered to be out-of-print.
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:49 pm Reply with quote
An ebay listing has Scrapped Princess novel 1 and Kino's Journey novel 1 in it for $10.
Treetastic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Probably a long shot, but I found a new copy of Mushishi vol. 5. Would anyone trade for vol. 1 or 3? (Also looking for 6, but I figure that's never going to happen.)

classicalzawa wrote:
An ebay listing has Scrapped Princess novel 1 and Kino's Journey novel 1 in it for $10.

I also have a copy of Scrapped Princess if someone's looking for it.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:54 am Reply with quote
That copy of slam dunk 16 i ordered via ebay from AUS hasn't arrived yet, post is delayed a bit due to holiday shenanigans but if its not arrived by tomorrow i have to raise issue with the seller which sucks because i really wanted to get my foot on this so to speak.

I don't get to post in here much these days, a lot of the stuff I've been after has either found its way to me or is a lost cause. I keep eying up Eden: its an endless world on ebay but there's just now way i can commit with a 3 volume gap smack dab in the middle and dark horse just released vol.14 of that so i don't know why they are trying to discourage people from picking the manga up (i get that printing is expensive but if copies have run out there must be demand right?).

Then we have mushishi, it gets a lot of love from the vast majority of people i talk to about it online but internet love seems to have no bearing on sales otherwise GTO wouldn't bomb so hard, as it is the new anime seems to be well received and its just stirring up the frustration I've had for the past few years of not being able to get the manga, kodanshaUSA announcing a re-release as digital only only served to twist the knife and make true my fear that publishers would use digital as a cop-out.

Dont get me wrong, im very happy with the manga industry at the moment, I have only a few gripes and im pleased with a lot of the stuff getting released. While i bitch and moan about a few titles I feel strongly about there's more stuff thats good getting released than I and my meager wallet can keep up with and I wish i had the buying power to support the Manga industry like I had when i was fully into anime. Im playing a tough game here where i have to restrict myself to buying what i feel is in danger of vanishing rather than what i actually feel like getting at the time.

anyway im rambling now but the gist i was gonna get to was that i feel I've really got a cap on the OOP stuff now and the darker days are behind me. OOP is always gonna be on my mind but I've got less to worry about now that I've hunted some stuff down and am patiently waiting for other stuff to cross my path.
RightStufSpecialsMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:50 pm Reply with quote
CheechMonger wrote:

We've just been told that these are now available, and should be arriving in soon. Very Happy Sorry about the delay; reprint dates are often fuzzy.
CheechMonger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:13 pm Reply with quote
RightStufSpecialsMinion wrote:
CheechMonger wrote:

We've just been told that these are now available, and should be arriving in soon. Very Happy Sorry about the delay; reprint dates are often fuzzy.

At least they're coming. Mega thanks for the update Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 64 of 76