• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: All But 1 Defendant Dropped From Funimation's One Piece Lawsuit

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Hiyugi wrote:
He/She had it coming. He/She Knew they were the one uploading all that stuff. I wonder what kind of person that did that like occupation, background, any previous criminal acts and such.

Wow. Just wow. They're people with red blood just like you, don't worry.

Hiyugi wrote:
Maybe it might be easier to narrow down those kindof people in the future that are most likely to upload files like that.

Then perhaps we can trace their DNA and create an anti-crack vaccine in the near future.
Yoda117

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:25 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
This is why this kind of stuff was made a criminal rather than civil offense in Japan

That's where I'm confused as well. Under the NET Act in the US, this is a criminal offense.

Problem is whether you want to burn PR going after someone civilly (and to be fair, the costs Funi were asking to settle were pretty fair, IIRC) or burn the PR should someone be facing jail time.

OTOH, I think a lot of that flak would be taken by the govt, since it'd be a criminal matter at the Federal level, opposed to a civil trial.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4