• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Eden Manga Scheduled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bitterbohemian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:07 pm Reply with quote
I remember picking up the first volume in German when I visited Europe a few years back, and all I could think about was when it would be licensed in the U.S.

I don’t think the first volume justified an 18+ rating. I’m assuming the series has it’s “moments“later on….if you don’t mind me asking, what exactly pushes the manga from a 16 and up rating to 18+?
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:21 pm Reply with quote
"Bit of the old "ultra-violence" perhapse...but I agree with the rating. Graphic violence and gore, swearing and some generally mature situations make this a mature title. Will it be appropriate for people under 18? Sure; I know I was reading and watching stuff more graphic than Eden when I was younger, but the rating has to be there nowadays.
Erufu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:
"Bit of the old "ultra-violence" perhapse...but I agree with the rating. Graphic violence and gore, swearing and some generally mature situations make this a mature title. Will it be appropriate for people under 18? Sure; I know I was reading and watching stuff more graphic than Eden when I was younger, but the rating has to be there nowadays.

Well, the way I look at it, the 18+ mature rating usually keeps the content in tact. Of course, since I'm not under 18, this doesn't affect me any.

So, hopefully this means no edits? I hate when series get a mature rating or Teen rating and they still edit it.
milcor1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:43 pm Reply with quote
The first volume contains only a small amount of blood and gore scenes but subsequent volumes start to get really heated with action and bloody casualties as well as delving into alot of sexual scenes. Maybe they just wanted to give the title a consistent rating throughout all volumes.
Jamesleedx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:18 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I don’t think the first volume justified an 18+ rating. I’m assuming the series has it’s “moments“later on….if you don’t mind me asking, what exactly pushes the manga from a 16 and up rating to 18+?

Starting in the middle of volume 2, the series becomes incredibly violent, as there is alot of war related violence and gore and one or two chapters of volume 8 could be mistaken as something from a hentai manga.
bitterbohemian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Ah...
As long as the rest of the series is written as well as the first volume it shouldn't be a problem. I can't see the author putting in anything gratuitous. I'll just have to wait for the U.S. release to find out.
Thank you for answering.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1