• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dreamwave Assets For Sale

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onizuka666

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:04 am Reply with quote
Sad to see them up for sale but rather that than to never see them again.

I hope Dark Horse or Image put in a bid or two. Whatever happens someone can make a lot of money if they plug the Transformers more with the new film on the way.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dejiko

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:42 am Reply with quote
Onizuka666 wrote:
Whatever happens someone can make a lot of money if they plug the Transformers more with the new film on the way.

Transformers is a Hasbro property, not a Dreawave original product. If they were in the position to sell off a hit like that, the company wouldn't have to go under Wink. The license will simply revert to Hasbro; only the series that they came up with by themselves are for sale.
Phoeptar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:39 pm Reply with quote
it was a real shame to see dreamwave go under, I think their biggest mistake was putting out too many transformers titles, there were so many different unrelated transformers titles it was a big joke between my friends and I, problem is dreamwave had such great original titles, I hope that it will be possible for a comic company to purchase the rights to continue making issues for Darkminds and Warlands, they were some amazing comics.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1