• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Midori Days DVD 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Damn! I should seriously get this series. It must have been cool to hear the NY VAs at their full potential when they're not "contrained" for doing a 4Kids dub.
Nionel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, I've been rather impressed with the dub on Midori Days, I never have watched the Japanese version, but after reading the manga, the voices matched perfectly to what I imagined they'd be
SnowfairyX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:21 am Reply with quote
I decided to collect this series a little while ago because I could not resist the bizarre concept and of hearing mostly positive opinions on the series also, so I picked it up. The first two episodes were surprisingly good, being mostly hilarious and deadly serious at one point(spoiler[implications of rape which I did not expect]). The story, besides the main one of Midori becoming Seiji's right hand, seems like it will be interesting. The series definitely starts out right and I find Seiji to be a pretty interesting character. I will be picking up the third dvd as soon as I get the chance.
Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm Reply with quote
The reviewer's impression of the series is dead on what mine was a year ago when this series was only in fansub, and it's also good to hear that the dubbers got it right as well. I need to make this more of a priority title to pick up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1