• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass R2 Released on Blu-Ray and DVD Monday.

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:49 am Reply with quote
Beach Season 10 , Can't Wait Anime hyper ... I'm such a git.

Anyway will be getting both BD seasons of Code Geass hopefully by the summer.
aeris2001x2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:57 am Reply with quote
BD and DVD of R2 both pre-ordered to add to my my BD and DVD of R1 and the BEEZ DVD releases I bought years back (R1 and R2 plus Anime Legends version of R1).

Which means I will own 4 diff copies of R1 and 3 copies of R2.

I Direct Download and torrent all the Anime I can get my hands on...but the shows that are of high enough level to buy I support strongly.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:14 am Reply with quote
I love it when people say they "support the industry" by buying but just how far does that £26 stretch back?
faintsmile1992

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Truth be known, most of us interested in owning this series on DVD already own it through import. If our players are region free then all that matters is the price of the DVD.

As for BluRay, I've never seen the point of it. Its never caught on the way DVD did and the only reason I'd have to buy a BluRay player is if it became the only physical medium around.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:27 pm Reply with quote
faintsmile1992 wrote:
Truth be known, most of us interested in owning this series on DVD already own it through import. If our players are region free then all that matters is the price of the DVD.

As for BluRay, I've never seen the point of it. Its never caught on the way DVD did and the only reason I'd have to buy a BluRay player is if it became the only physical medium around.

I'm sorry but you just hurt my brain with that.
Nilrem

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:23 am Reply with quote
I can't wait for my copy of Code Geass S2 to arrive, I somehow missed the Beez release (after putting off the R1 for a UK release), and for once it paid off with a new UK version that should be better than the old UK or US ones:)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:23 pm Reply with quote
faintsmile1992 wrote:
Truth be known, most of us interested in owning this series on DVD already own it through import.

Personally, I own the series on DVD through having bought the Beez release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
faintsmile1992

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:33 am Reply with quote
yurihellsing wrote:
Next time you try and snark, can you try and explain what you are snarking about? Wink

There are nowhere near as many BluRay players around as DVD players, and between DVD and downloads a lot of people don't see a point to buuying one.

I can't think what else you would've meant as the two sentences make sense, at least by internet standards.

The only way I'd change it is to alter 'physical medium' to 'form of physical media', because I feel pedantic. Razz
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:00 am Reply with quote
faintsmile1992 wrote:
yurihellsing wrote:
Next time you try and snark, can you try and explain what you are snarking about? Wink

There are nowhere near as many BluRay players around as DVD players, and between DVD and downloads a lot of people don't see a point to buuying one.

I can't think what else you would've meant as the two sentences make sense, at least by internet standards.

The only way I'd change it is to alter 'physical medium' to 'form of physical media', because I feel pedantic. Razz

Let me guess you used VHS till HMV stopped selling them even when most of the tapes had hardly any shelf life left?

also it's cause DVD was out in 1995 that's 18 years ago so it's at the end of it's life cycle now it's not that Blu-ray hasn't cause on it's cause people are too cheap to catch up.

note to self don't browse at 10am as it hurts even more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1