• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Houston Press article on Gilgamesh

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coachkaveman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:23 pm Reply with quote
http://www.houstonpress.com/Issues/2005-07-28/calendar/calendar3.html

"Hey, I'm just about to kill someone; can I call you right back?" a chipper Steven Foster asks. "Seriously, she's on her dying breath, so it shouldn't take two minutes."

Two minutes pass. On cue, the phone rings. "Okay, done," Foster chirps. "Where were we?"

Another character has bitten the dust in Gilgamesh, the sci-fi/goth anime DVD series created by Japanese whiz Shotaro Ishinomori. Foster directs voice-over actors for ADV Films, the local anime distribution company that acquires Japanese titles like Gilgamesh, adds English dialogue tracks and then redistributes the films. And while he won't say exactly which character croaks, fans of Gilgamesh -- which boasts worldwide cult status -- can get a clue this week at Gilgamesh: Sex & Whispers & Slices of Violence. The free "black carpet screening" (now that's goth) will be hosted by Foster and Gilgamesh cast members at Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, and features highlights from the first half of the series. "There'll be moments of sex, some slow, drawn-out drama -- and then some bloody fight scenes," says Foster. ......
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1