• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is the railgun special missing from the funimation release?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:48 am Reply with quote
is the special missing from the funimation release?
or was the special included with the OVA and not the actual series?

are there actually 2 railgun specials?

all the index-tan specials only came with majutsu 2, right?
or did the first season have specials also?
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:30 am Reply with quote
There were two additional episodes not released in the initial TV episode release by Geneon in 2010: an OVA of episode 13 included with a fan book, and another OVA released in October 2010. Neither will be included in the Funimation release.

In addition, like Shana, both Index and Railgun had special reservation DVDs that came bundled with an allotment of the first pressing LE version of volumes 1 and 5 which included the 2 Index-tan (for each season) and Motto Railgun shorts. None of the footage is carried over to the Funimation release.

So what's the extras on their release? Textless OP/ED and their own trailers/commentaries for the series.

The only extras carried over into the re-release DVD-boxes for both series in JP are the textless OP/ED and cast commentary present on the original DVDs. Funi doesn't include those for whatever reason they want to give. The result ends up being...you get a release that has textless OP/ED and nothing else from the JP side.
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:37 am Reply with quote
Yup, DVD-only and a bare-bones release. Unless you consider those commentaries a special feature, but I don't think anyone cares about those. I'm not even sure why Funimation bothers to do them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1