• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ohikkoshi coming to US?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Nothing official yet, but according to an editor over at Darkhorse, Hiroaki Samura's Ohikkoshi will be coming to the pages of Super Manga Blast! January 2006, and I'm assuming to trade paperback in the late summer/early fall.
For those of you who have never read it (which is probobly everyone on this board), Ohikkoshi is a breath of fresh air to the romantic-comedy genre. It's only one volume, but the characters are more realistic and well-developed than in alot of longer series. The humor is smart and wacky, and often quite brilliant. Overall it's a romantic-comedy (and somewhat of a drama) aimed at mature, older audiences, something you don't see a whole lot of in English.
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:23 pm Reply with quote
tokyopop? so is this an actual magazine? or just a glorified catalog.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:14 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
tokyopop? so is this an actual magazine? or just a glorified catalog.

What? I never said Tokyopop. It's going to run in Super Manga Blast!, which is an anthology published by Darkhorse. It also includes Shadow Star, Seraphic Feather, Exxaxion, Club 9 and Whats Michael?. Normally I don't buy it, since I'm only really interested in Shadow Star and Club 9 (Exaxxion is only worth reading in whole volumes), and those aren't even amoung my favorites. But I'll buy it while Ohikkoshi runs to support them, as well as to get whatever extra stuff they include.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1