• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SwordKing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:43 pm Reply with quote
I have had this for a while now. Now I know what the original title is. Thank you.
Ignatz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:49 pm Reply with quote
There's this AMV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taX8KWBNF4k

What anime are those two (blue-haired boy and blond girl) going for a kiss at 0:16 (and then very briefly at 0:18-0:19) from? (I think this is from one of the more recent anime, but I can't seem to find it in any of the anime spotlight lists)
What anime is the girl whose hair turns red at 0:31 from? (possibly a Studio Ghibli movie? I will feel like an idiot for not knowing it if it is)
What anime is that girl who's taking a photo at 0:42-0:43 from?

And by the way, this is a really nice AMV.
Phibby

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Ignatz wrote:
There's this AMV:

What anime are those two (blue-haired boy and blond girl) going for a kiss at 0:16 (and then very briefly at 0:18-0:19) from? (I think this is from one of the more recent anime, but I can't seem to find it in any of the anime spotlight lists)

That's from Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches. They actually have not made a full-length anime; those scenes are from a 2-minute PV released last August. I don't believe any plans for a full-length series have been announced yet.

But in the meantime you can read the manga (still ongoing) on Crunchyroll. I believe a live-action drama was made as well.

Don't know the other two, sorry.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Ignatz wrote:
)
What anime is that girl who's taking a photo at 0:42-0:43 from?

Love, Election and Chocolate
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Ignatz wrote:
There's this AMV:

What anime is the girl whose hair turns red at 0:31 from? (possibly a Studio Ghibli movie? I will feel like an idiot for not knowing it if it is)

I'm certain it is a Ghibli movie, but I don't recognize it myself. Which means it's not from one I've seen, so we can cross off the following from possibilities:
Kiki's Delivery Service
My Neighbor Totoro
Naausica
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle
Ponyo
Arietty
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:50 pm Reply with quote
It's from an animated shorted called "Control Bear - Wonder Garden" which can be seen here. ANN has no encyclopedia entry for it*. As for how I found it, I utilized Google's image search to get results. Wink

*Information about the short from the video link:

Quote:
Produced by Spiral Cute Inc.
Executive Produced by graphis Inc.
Producer :Yoichi Kawakami
Supervisor :Nagatake Uehara
Director :Yojiro Arai
Music :TakaAki Nakahashi ,jeux d'eau
Animation Production :Studio Colorido
http://www.graniph.com/
http://colorido.co.jp/

It appears to be an advertisement for a store.
Ignatz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:46 am Reply with quote
Thank you, everyone! Smile
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:51 am Reply with quote
I just finished watching one of the 2014 Anime Mirai projects called Harmonie. I quite enjoyed it, but I have a question for anyone else who might have seen it (unfortunately, there is no legit way to view it in NA, so if you do want to check it out, you'll have to use illicit methods).

The movie seem to indicate that when the main boy spoiler[listened to the main girl's song, that he had a specific dream that accompanied the song. When he tells her some of the details, she recognizes it as the same dream she had when she was younger. However, later on, we learn that there was a second audio track on the player she gave the main boy that is a voice recording of her talking to the psychologist about the dream that supplies all the details that the main boy related.]

My question is this: was the movie trying to indicate that he perhaps he spoiler[heard this audio track while sleepy and therefore only "thought" he was having this dream? Or are we supposed to think he only heard that audio track later on - i.e. the song itself made him have the dream?] I really can't tell.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

My question is this: was the movie trying to indicate that he perhaps he spoiler[heard this audio track while sleepy and therefore only "thought" he was having this dream? Or are we supposed to think he only heard that audio track later on - i.e. the song itself made him have the dream?] I really can't tell.

I think he onlyspoiler[ had that dream because he heard the audio track with the doctor. He was going to tell her but she further misinterpreted him by believing he completed the dream by drawing that picture. So now she believes he is some special person, when it was all a coincidence. But it looks like he is going to get the girl, so its all good.] Smile

I really enjoyed this short film. I also loved that ending song, but I can only find the 90 sec clip of it online.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, WHG, that's sort of what I thought, but I wanted to vector that interpretation with someone else. If anyone else has a thought, feel free to join in.
SnK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:24 pm Reply with quote
So I just watched episode 3 of akuma no riddle, and i've got a question. What's really the point of those riddles each episode?
Hydrangea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:11 pm Reply with quote
So today on funnymama i saw meme of having this one girls head and a dogs photoshopped on to dragon ball z characters with the next picture below being im assuming them "combined" the picture is of a whire dog with long dark hair. The picture looks so famillar so i was wondering what anime that is from[/img]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Fullmetal Alchemist chimera.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:27 am Reply with quote
I'm looking for the name of adult title where spoiler[4 friends are sitting playing a game on PSPs together. The guy has a crush on one of the girls who doesn't notice, but instead he leaves with her 2 friends and has sex with them. ] I believe the title was only a year or two old, and had a rather unconventional art style.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:00 am Reply with quote
that would the second half of the second episode of Soushisouai Note: The Animation. here's the MAL link

http://myanimelist.net/anime/16474/Soushisouai_Note:_The_Animation
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 475 of 569