• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freshlu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Good day everyone,

Looking for an anime I saw when I was a kid (10 years ago).
First post, so sorry if I make anymistakes.

Content of anime:
Young boy (school kid i think) has a little roboter (very old, like junk) maybe also found on the junk yard.
He can manipulate or talk with him and starts fighting with it. Size of the robot is like a dog.
He then encounters are very modern robot form another kid (i think) and fights it and looses.

It was cast in German TV on Tele5 ( I think).

Rememberin this anime every year but could never found it.

Hope you can help me guys!
If you have any questions hit me up.

Greetings,

freshlu
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:33 am Reply with quote
@freshlu

Was the show Medabots? I don't remember too much to know if it fits your description but according to the ANNpedia, it was licensed in German and aired on Tele5.
freshlu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:38 am Reply with quote
yeeeeees ma man! awesome Smile)
thank you very much!!

haha, how my brain created some wrong memories.. but was roughly right Very Happy
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:56 am Reply with quote
Hello, everyone. I'm looking for a certain song from Haibane Renmei. Specifically, I'm looking for the song that plays when spoiler[the girls discover Kuu's halo after she has taken her Day of Flight.] Can someone help me? Please?

...I love this show so far...
murph76

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:40 am Reply with quote
The song is titled "Nightmare -- Parting -- Loss", track 11 on the Puchi no Ne (Out of Tracks) soundtrack.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I work at a school and I have a heap of year 7 & 8 kids looking at an activity for which they have chosen "Anime".
Only option I can find is DVD's, we want to take them out and either go looking at a production, movie, shopping etc but outside of school or have someone come here and talk to them about the industry and then show a DVD. something that would be of interest to them. Any or all offers of help would be greatly appreciated ??????
Please email me on
[email protected]
RestLessone

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:00 pm Reply with quote
In terms of companies, Madman Entertainment (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madman_Entertainment) is Victoria-based and distributes TV series and film. Perhaps someone would be willing to come over? I don't know if they have released any children-oriented films, but the talk could lead into a Hayao Miyazaki film, which are well-known and well-regarded. Good luck!
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:32 am Reply with quote
@ Sharon,

The Australian Teachers of Media recently co-sponsored the showing of Patema Inverted at the Melbourne International Film Festival in its Next Gen segment. As part of that sponsorship they created an excellent ten page school study guide. The film itself is ideal for the age group you mention - the protagonist, Patema, is 14 years old. You should be able to get the study guide from ATOM.

The film is being distributed by another Melbourne company - Hanabee Entertainment. Catch is, the official release of the DVD/Bluray is December. They may be able to give you further material. (Melbourne is the capital of the anime world outside of Japan - Siren Visual is also based in Melbourne, however they tend to cater for an older audience.)

Edit: Here's a MIFF link to the study guide and a trailer: http://miff.com.au/search?s=PATEMA+INVERTED

RestLessone wrote:
...but the talk could lead into a Hayao Miyazaki film, which are well-known and well-regarded...

... and distributed by Madman. Several of his films would be suitable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Intellectual

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:39 pm Reply with quote
What anime is this logo from?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Thanks so very much @errinundra I will get onto them today and @RestLessone, thanks, have been in touch with Madman Ent and they are looking into some options as well. Will let you know how it all pans out Very Happy
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Intellectual wrote:
What anime is this logo from?
Angel Beats
Azuki Mochi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Hi,
My anime club was searching through our inventory and we found this figure. We couldn't identify the character and series. If you recognize her, it would be much appreciated if you could reply with the character and title of the series. Thank you very much! c:

[img]http://imgur.com/9sDDbEz[/mg][/img]
Nimitz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Azuki Mochi wrote:
Hi,
My anime club was searching through our inventory and we found this figure. We couldn't identify the character and series. If you recognize her, it would be much appreciated if you could reply with the character and title of the series. Thank you very much! c:

[img]http://imgur.com/9sDDbEz[/mg][/img]

Kirika from Kousoku Sentai Turboranger, a super sentai show.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/43484
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:37 am Reply with quote
pibburns wrote:
Are you sure this was a Japanese cartoon? You might want to try to find an episode of the domestic (U.S.) mini-series The Centurions, which was animated for Ruby-Spears by Sunrise in Japan, and see if that might be what you're seeking. The original mini-series was five episodes long (the TV series was much longer).

Somewhere packed away I have a VHS tape of a few episodes of the mini-series released under the "Children's Video Library". It appears the entire mini-series is now available on DVD or DVD-R from distributors like Amazon.
Wow, No but I had those action figures. Blast from the past there.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:59 am Reply with quote
I believe I had one Centurions figure and a card game.
I couldn't help thinking of it when my cousin was playing Hyperdimension Neptunia...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 488 of 569