• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:09 am Reply with quote
You ever think that, just maybe, no one knows? It sure as heck doesn't ring any bells for me. When people don't know, they don't spam up the thread with "I don't know" posts, they simply don't reply. If people did spam up the thread by pointing out they don't know, then both yours and other peoples' questions would be pushed back from the current page, and then most likely never be seen, let alone answered.
anijunk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:45 am Reply with quote
@Hikari14:
could it be the Maison Ikkoku movie?
Errinundra

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:57 pm Reply with quote
I've deleted a couple of posts. Please keep it nice, guys.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rodimus_2316

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Regarding Lenseman: The Secret of the Lens:

I think I saw it on a weekly anime feature presentation thing (on Sci-Fi?) that was perhaps called Anime Dominion (at least for a time). They showed Project A-KO, also. In one of the bumpers (or something like that) for the presentation, the female main-villain was shown within a dark room, slowly turning her eyes toward the camera.

This may have been part of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_p8aQO_juQ&list=PLIlBgRBgUq7xUfoinSTamDwDuiPpQSwdb

This may have been the second Sci-Fi anime block.

Here's another possibility::
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvF5Mw8iR7A

Don't see the A-KO villainess image in either. Just looking what the different SciFi channel anime feature was called, or were called, if there was more than one.
Tonybanana

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Recently acquired a huge amount of anime merchandise from a scary closet, any help identifying any of these would be greatly appreciated:)

Touma

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:21 pm Reply with quote
^
I think that the witch girl is a character from Ojamajo Doremi, which was released in the US, at least partly, as Magical Do Re Mi.

I do not know about any others.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
raddicalkei

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:38 pm Reply with quote
First and foremost, sorry for the inconveniences and misspellings. English is not my native language. In the early 90's in my country, Cuba, some theaters featured a movie called "Yuki, el hada de las nieves" or "Yuki, the snow fairy". Problem is I can't find it. What has similar title is a shoujo series.

Father and Mother (gods) has to send their daughter to earth so she can become a goddess. For that, she has to help the humans. At first they have simple problems (I don't rememeber exactly). Eventually she helps fight an invasion, later the tirany of the village daimyo, and finally a demon mountain. The movie ends as she falls holding two fingers tall facing the mountain as it becomes a Samurai Armor.

Please help!
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:52 pm Reply with quote
@raddicalkei

It sounds like it be Yuki but I can't seem to find much information about it on ANN. However, the synopsis from MAL says this:

Quote:
Up in Heaven, Yuki’s grandparents decide that, having turned thirteen years old, she must go down to Earth to a village that is torn by bandits and intervene to save its people. However if she does not succeed within one year she will become as insubstantial as the wind. Down in the village, Yuki is befriended by a group of orphans whose parents have all been killed by the bandits and who now subsist by begging. Yuki amazes them by taming the wild horse Blizzard. She is instrumental in getting the orphans and farmers to stand up to first the warring bandits and then Goemon, the greedy lord that owns the region. But Yuki must face her greatest challenge yet when the displeased Demon God that lives in the volcano emerges to destroy those who live beneath.

It seems to match your description a bit but I'm not sure. As to how I found this information, I searched ANN (anywhere on the site) with the keywords "Yuki the Snow Fairy" and came across a 2011 Mike Toole article that lead me to the possible title.
raddicalkei

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:55 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
@raddicalkei

It sounds like it be Yuki but I can't seem to find much information about it on ANN. However, the synopsis from MAL says this:

Quote:
Up in Heaven, Yuki’s grandparents decide that, having turned thirteen years old, she must go down to Earth to a village that is torn by bandits and intervene to save its people. However if she does not succeed within one year she will become as insubstantial as the wind. Down in the village, Yuki is befriended by a group of orphans whose parents have all been killed by the bandits and who now subsist by begging. Yuki amazes them by taming the wild horse Blizzard. She is instrumental in getting the orphans and farmers to stand up to first the warring bandits and then Goemon, the greedy lord that owns the region. But Yuki must face her greatest challenge yet when the displeased Demon God that lives in the volcano emerges to destroy those who live beneath.

It seems to match your description a bit but I'm not sure. As to how I found this information, I searched ANN (anywhere on the site) with the keywords "Yuki the Snow Fairy" and came across a 2011 Mike Toole article that lead me to the possible title.

Yes! That's it! Considering that more tan 20 years had passed and that i was 12 at the time I forgot the details, like the horse and that the mountain was a volcano. Although I remembered the name Goemon.
Many Many thanks!!!!

1981! I guess I saw it a tad late. Well anyhow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HZfc4vnEYg
the subs are in serbian

Last edited by raddicalkei on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
pibburns

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:58 pm Reply with quote
raddicalkei wrote:
First and foremost, sorry for the inconveniences and misspellings. English is not my native language. In the early 90's in my country, Cuba, some theaters featured a movie called "Yuki, el hada de las nieves" or "Yuki, the snow fairy". Problem is I can't find it. What has similar title is a shoujo series.

Father and Mother (gods) has to send their daughter to earth so she can become a goddess. For that, she has to help the humans. At first they have simple problems (I don't rememeber exactly). Eventually she helps fight an invasion, later the tirany of the village daimyo, and finally a demon mountain. The movie ends as she falls holding two fingers tall facing the mountain as it becomes a Samurai Armor.

Please help!

Some years ago I saw a movie (in French) which largely matches your description. There is a description of this same film (in English) at this site:

http://moria.co.nz/fantasy/yuki-snowfairy.htm

You may want to look at the animenewsnetwork encyclopedia entry for this film as well.

anime#7388
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:03 am Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
^
I think that the witch girl is a character from Ojamajo Doremi, which was released in the US, at least partly, as Magical Do Re Mi.

I do not know about any others.

It's definitely Hazuki from Ojamajo Doremi. I can't see quite clearly, but it appears to be her witch apprentice uniform from the first season.
Tonybanana

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Thank You:) here's another, i'll keep posting them as I take pics...

Hikari14

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:19 pm Reply with quote
@gm286 I found it! It's Clannad episode 11!
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever heard of disk #3 from Funimation's Bamboo Blade release somehow becoming unreadable? I got mine used, and I'm just wondering, don't you know!
Touma

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:17 pm Reply with quote
^ @nobahn
I never heard anything about it and I have never had problems with mine, but it has probably been nearly a year since I last watched it.

I just finished Kirameki Project and am trying to decide what to watch next. Maybe I will try Bamboo Blade again. I actually was considering it as a possibility.

Funimation released Bamboo Blade three times, I think. I do not know if they used the same discs for all releases.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 501 of 569