• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I think we've got all of them except 11 and 21.

@ Dessa: 11 doesn't look like Clamp's style from that time period. It looks to me like it might be Krauser from Fatal Fury 2 or possibly Joe Hisashi without his headband (but he's never without his headband, is he?). I dunno, those trifurcated brows ought to be a clue, but my google-fu isn't helping.

Last edited by Gina Szanboti on Wed May 25, 2016 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
zatheus

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:39 pm Reply with quote
7 is from Michael Jackson's black or white video, about 2 minute mark.

Last edited by zatheus on Wed May 25, 2016 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I'll say this to see if it jogs something loose in somebody else's memory:

I now suspect 11 is an off color Gaav from Slayers Next, but don't know what episode it might be. Or a flashback scene from Slayers Try.

21 looks like a woman on a bike, and it feels familiar to me. I thought for a long time it was the motorcycle woman from Golden Boy, but I watched her episode and the last one where she runs anime cells, and came up short. My second guess was that she could be Angel from Angel Cop, but I don't really have that to watch right now.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:29 pm Reply with quote
zatheus wrote:
7 is from Michael Jackson's black or white video, about 2 minute mark.

So it is. Laughing
Teankun

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I think we've got all of them except 11 and 21.

@ Dessa: 11 doesn't look like Clamp's style from that time period. It looks to me like it might be Krauser from Fatal Fury 2 or possibly Joe Hisashi without his headband (but he's never without his headband, is he?). I dunno, those trifurcated brows ought to be a clue, but my google-fu isn't helping.

Yeah, it seems so. Thanks all

EmbraceMe wrote:
I Googled the AMV mentioned in the OP and it lists years that the shows aired. If anyone cares to stop frame by frame to capture the missing/unnamed shows, here's the link.

That is actually my AMV channel
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dmartins

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:08 pm Reply with quote
dmartins wrote:
What is the name of an anime series about a black-haired boy in white clothing have a necklace of a bottle with blood and whose DNA create a male clone? He also have a younger sister and he have powers. He left an organization and they sent people after him. Does anyone know this?

I got it! It's "E's Otherwise".
nasty_llama

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:43 am Reply with quote
pibburns

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:02 am Reply with quote
nasty_llama wrote:

Perhaps Kotonoha Katsura from the School Days franchise. This particular image may be from one of the games rather than an anime episode. Hopefully someone here more familiar with the franchise can pinpoint the exact source of this image.
Touma

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:17 am Reply with quote
This image seems to be a composite of characters from different shows. It might be fan art.

I am pretty sure that the girl on our right is Kanoe Subaru from Mayo Chiki.
Who is the girl on the left, with the dark hair?

I like the look of the character, and I would probably be interested in a show that has that character. Assuming that she really is an anime character.

The image is from the J-List blog.
The site is probably not safe for work, even though it does not have any adult content.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Parse Error

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:23 am Reply with quote
The one on the left is Ganaha Hibiki from THE iDOLM@STER, and you're already correct about the one on the right.
Touma

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:37 am Reply with quote
Thank you, Parse Error.
It looks like THE iDOLM@STER was never licensed for a disc release in the US. That explains why I have never seen it, even though it is definitely of interest to me.
The show is definitely on my list of things to try if it ever is released on disc, or if I ever get in a situation where streaming works for me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hgdagon

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:52 pm Reply with quote
So, yeah... the word "Popo" is the only anchor I have to the anime. I think it's been brodcast no more than twice in my country, and each tried I tried to find out the title, or a character name, but it was a long time ago...

So, as far as the plot goes. This two kids (brother and sister) don't like their grandmother for whatever reason, and their parents come up with this idea to go out one night and leave the kids alone with their grandma, whom everybody in the movie calls "Popo". The kids aren't thrilled abot it. So Popo possesses some sort of magic and (either acidentally or deliberately) sends these kids back in time, I don't remember if she goes with them or not. So they end up in some woods and the first house they find happens to be a witch's house. The house was rectagular-shaped and had some weird traps and moving walls. Basically she invites them to spend the night and through the rest of the movie they're trying to escape this house. The final scene shows the parents coming back home to see the kids cheering with Popo trying to teach her how a remote-controlled car toy works.

And this is literally all I remember, I tried searching for it in many ways, but I've had no lack for the past 7 years, so this kinda my last resort. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
VicViper_Mk2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Hello guys, here's a hypothetical question regarding Macross in general. We all know the Variable fighters were designed by Kawamori Shouji. Let's say that someday a country other than Japan makes an actual working VF, would they have to pay him a licensing fee/tribute? If they don't want to, could they argue that because his design was for a fictional work, but whomever build it were able to create the technical aspect of it in real life.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:17 am Reply with quote
VicViper_Mk2 wrote:
Hello guys, here's a hypothetical question regarding Macross in general. We all know the Variable fighters were designed by Kawamori Shouji. Let's say that someday a country other than Japan makes an actual working VF, would they have to pay him a licensing fee/tribute? If they don't want to, could they argue that because his design was for a fictional work, but whomever build it were able to create the technical aspect of it in real life.

Probably not considering there have been other fighters in other series not designed by Kawamori that were transformable as wel. They'd probably come up with a design that was completely different from anything that Kawamori designed, but even if they did, say use the VF-1 design for an actual variable fighter, I think Kawamori would have a real hard time trying to get a foreign government to pay a licensing fee.
Xirix

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:01 am Reply with quote
This may be a tough one to ID since I remember so little of it, but one of the characters was an extremely monotone, no-effort kind of woman and one of the guy characters I believe has her do some acting for some reason, which is really ineffectual and hilarious due to her deadpan monotone.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 525 of 569