• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pibburns

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:19 am Reply with quote
kouta789 wrote:
Anyone know what anime names is this? seems old enough.

Thank you.[/url]

Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:33 pm Reply with quote
pibburns wrote:

Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer.

Totally have that dvd. Now I kind of want to watch it lol.
2maxout

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:11 am Reply with quote
I'm trying to remember a specific anime kids show from the 90's. The only thing I remember is that it's a humanoid character that is pale white. I don't remember the name or much of the plot. Sorry, this is very vague was super young then.

Thanks ahead of time.
Touma

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:05 am Reply with quote
@2maxout
Where did you see this show?
Are you sure that it was anime, rather than an American cartoon such as Space Ghost?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
pibburns

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:36 am Reply with quote
2maxout wrote:
I'm trying to remember a specific anime kids show from the 90's. The only thing I remember is that it's a humanoid character that is pale white. I don't remember the name or much of the plot. Sorry, this is very vague was super young then.

As Touma suggests, a few more details might help. What was the language in which the show was broadcast? In what country did you watch it?

White-skinned androids appear in a number of animated series, broadly defined. Captain Future had a couple, and was quite popular in Europe. Only a few episodes were prepared for U.S. release by Harmony gold, but it fits the time period you suggest.

Vampires and vampire-like creatures are also often depicted with white skin. There are rather a lot of those to consider.
2maxout

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:37 am Reply with quote
Yea, sorry. That's all I can remember. I've been going through an list of animes from the 90's and so far nothing is jogging my memory either. I'll just give up on it.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:57 pm Reply with quote
2maxout
Where were you living at the time? Do you remember the broadcaster?
Xirix

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:52 pm Reply with quote
I've heard a lot of positivity about JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, but I'm a little confused on where to start. This site has the 2012 series as the start point, but there were a load of OVAs in the late 90's or early 2000's? Does the 2012 series start at the beginning?

Naturally no spoilers please, I just want to know where to start, thanks!
Zerosan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:42 am Reply with quote
What is dragonairs real name anyone
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:04 am Reply with quote
Yes, the 2012 TV series starts at the beginning. The OVAs can be largely ignored, given that there are more recent adaptations of the same material.
Touma

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:20 am Reply with quote
@Zerosan
Are you asking about a Pokemon?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RenoHidaka

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:19 am Reply with quote
Hello there. First time poster, long time reader. Tried using the search engine to find this one particular anime but for the life of me, I can't remember the title or have picture reference. I could really use someone's help with this. I'll try to be as descriptive as I can but one thing I know for sure is that this anime is at least 15+ years old.

I don't have much to go on but I have flashbacks of watching it as a kid. It was an adventure/comedy anime where the main character is a swordsman and has a traveling group. I can't remember what the characters look like or their names but the best thing I can remember is that either the opening or ending song (pretty sure it was ending) had the lyrics start off saying "Wake up!" at least 12 times. I can't remember if it was only on VHS or just came out on CD but if anyone can help me figure it out, it would be great. Thank you.
Albert Casanovas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:49 am Reply with quote
Hello, I'm new here and I wanna talk about Anti-Villains and Tragic Villains in anime, I love to sympathize with them even though I do not approve what they did because I'm humane and compassive, I hope you'll understand it if you're humane like me because it would be wonderful, Anti-Villains have a lot of redeeming values and Tragic Villains had traumatic events on their lifes that made them to turn evil or seek revenge. Anime catgrin Wink
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:38 am Reply with quote
Zerosan, RenoHidaka & Albert Casanovas
Welcome to the ANN forums!
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Zerosan wrote:
What is dragonairs real name anyone

If you are asking about its Japanese name, it is Hakuryu.

Albert Casanovas wrote:
Hello, I'm new here and I wanna talk about Anti-Villains and Tragic Villains in anime, I love to sympathize with them even though I do not approve what they did because I'm humane and compassive, I hope you'll understand it if you're humane like me because it would be wonderful, Anti-Villains have a lot of redeeming values and Tragic Villains had traumatic events on their lifes that made them to turn evil or seek revenge. :-3 :wink:

You should probably start a thread for this, it really is its own discussion, rather than a question.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 529 of 569